Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kbraband

Number of finds no longer listed?

I hope I didn't miss this discussion somewhere, but today I noticed the caches page logs no longer list the number finds people have. I miss this feature!

banner-small.gif

Yep, you missed it... but only by minutes

Changes to cache page

If you light a man a fire, he will be warm for a day; if you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

The general feeling seems to be: (almost) everyone misses it...

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."

Miss it? Sure... but IMHO the loss of the finds stats is nothing compared to the performace we've gained by Jeremy making the cache pages static, which is what necessitated the loss of the finds counter.

Thanks Jeremy! icon_smile.gif

Member:

banner-small.gif

Miss it? Sure... but IMHO the loss of the finds stats is nothing compared to the performace we've gained by Jeremy making the cache pages static, which is what necessitated the loss of the finds counter.

Thanks Jeremy! icon_smile.gif

Member:

banner-small.gif

I missed it at first, but I'm adjusting. icon_smile.gif I used it primarily as a way to determine how much weight to attribute to someone's comments when they log a cache.

On the other hand, it will be interesting to see if people go a little less bonkers by trying to pad their find counts with dubious finds now that it's not such a prominent thing.

I missed it at first, but I'm adjusting. icon_smile.gif I used it primarily as a way to determine how much weight to attribute to someone's comments when they log a cache.

On the other hand, it will be interesting to see if people go a little less bonkers by trying to pad their find counts with dubious finds now that it's not such a prominent thing.

Simply put: the pages load much faster. It was getting really annoying to wait so long for each page to generate before it was displayed.

I created a poll. Send your opinion icon_smile.gif

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I created a poll. Send your opinion icon_smile.gif

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

infosponge

quote:

Ya’ mean you’re not supposed to log your neighbor’s lawn sprinkler head for a locationless “Water Fountains of the World” cache?

p.s. - I like the change.