Palm prices

mikemtn

I just figured out that some Palm prices have gone down a bunch in the last couple of days. Staples and Amazon.com some of them are down 30% or so. Guess It's the older models but I'm just looking for something to read Pocket Queries.

Mike

Likely they are getting ready for the new batch of devices that run Palm OS 5 on ARM processors as opposed to the current batch of Palm OS 4 devices that run on 68K processors. Should be a good time to get a new device if you are interested in last years' models.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

I believe there are older eBook readers that will read the Mobipocket as well. Since they were a miserable failure you may be able to track down one on eBay for cheap. It's just a guess however.

Someone mentioned they would prefer .lit files (Microsoft specific), which Mobipocket can make as well. I'll try to add that format as an option soon.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

Someone mentioned they would prefer .lit files (Microsoft specific), which Mobipocket can make

This is probable a silly question... But why don't you just make the files a PDF? Then everybody can read them on every platform?

While Palm prices may be dropping, if you're really interested in a PalmOS device, look at the Sony CLIE. Right now, they have a much better resolution than Palm's do, and usually around the same price mark (before the drops).

I previously had an HP567 PocketPC, and traded it for a CLIE PEG-T615C (discounted in favor of the new T655C, which is twice as fast), and don't regret it. Perhaps I lost value in the trade, but considering I am much more happy with PalmOS than another Windows OS, I tend to think the opposite.

A long time ago I signed up to be a Palm software developer. Every so often I get emails from them. If I recall correctly, the last one was offering 2 for one prices on palm pilots. I deleted that email, but, I'll bet if Jeremy contacted Palm, they could arrange a special discount to the users here. It can't hurt to ask.

Discount Palm prices?????

$50 for a Palm 100 is pretty cheap already. The 105 is going for about $89. I'm just not sure if 2 meg is enough memory for storing cache pages. I really don't have any use for them other than that.

icon_smile.gif

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

Discount Palm prices?????

$50 for a Palm 100 is pretty cheap already. The 105 is going for about $89. I'm just not sure if 2 meg is enough memory for storing cache pages. I really don't have any use for them other than that.

icon_smile.gif

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

I use a Palm m100 and I've found that it has enough space for me. I have a couple of queries on it and I still have about half of my 2MB free. It may not be the newest snazziest PDA but it definitely works for geocaching, and it's cheap too!