Hiker CoinTest

SunbeamBatteries

c6b60afe-0ec0-471c-ac4f-e13b47c99d53.jpg

I've got about 10 of these left and then I'll be moving onto making my newer looking hiker Geobutton. (Click Link Above To Preview)

I'm going to be giving up 2 of the final 10 for this contest. In order to qualify for the drawing, please post a picture of you out geocaching and or finding a cache.

This Cointest will end at the end of the month.

If anyone is interested in purchasing this please message me personally as they are only $5 (includes S&H)

Happy Caching

Sunbeam!

Thanks for the cointest!

We were working on a rock and rock series of caches when this goofy picture was taken. This cache was called Led Zeppelin "I'm Gonna Crawl" and I literally did have to crawl to the cache. It was hot and lots of pickers and of course mosquitos but I was able to grab it and sign the log. The next cache after this one was the final in the series and was my #400 find.

ae364627-05a1-4fc0-b010-761b426abd0f.jpg

Hmm... I was going to post a photo with gatoulis team on the top of Akramitis mountain here in Rhodes, which was a real hike and very difficult (I have done it during winter with very very strong winds..and some rain in the return) but even it is in the cache area... it is not showing the cache but just our heads and the view... it is quite high.... and not easy to go up...

anyway... here is a photo with me and my father logging in a cache on the top of the highest mountain in rhodes! it is not a real real hike... because there is a road to go up...and on the top there is a radar!

the photo shows something rare for Rhodes.... Snow! during winter.. you can see some snow on the top... (not much snow..it is only just to say... the rocks have gone white...just covered or mostly covered). seeing snow in rhodes is something really rare!! they say that you can see snow in the city or in lower parts of the island every 50 years... and since there was once like that when I was not there.... I do not know if I will see snow falling in rhodes! Oh yes... I haven't seen snow falling yet!

Anyway... the cache is in Attavyros mountain! near there and on the top there are ruins of the ancient temple dedicated to Zeus! you can only find some rocks from it now... but it was one of the most famous temples in the ancient times...

logging.jpg

I found it quite difficult to open the tupperware box... and it was imposible to write with a pen and log!! the ink of the pen inside the cache was frozen! I didn't know that could happen! :)

I want to enter the cointest, but how do you attach a photo on here? I can't figure it out.

Please help!

When you hit the reply button for the forum, there is a link on the second line that looks like a little picture (it's two symbols to the right of the little smilie face). When you click on that, it will give you a little drop down box where you can input the http:// link for your picture.

You will need to have the http:// address for your picture before you do this. I'm sure there are better ways to do this, like some photo storing websites, but I do it by uploading my pictures into some geocaching page (like a cache page or a TB page or even your profile). When the picture in uploaded into whatever website you use (like I do with geocaching.com), then you can right click on the picture and copy the properties, which gives you the http:// address to link in your forum post.

And that is about the extent of my extremely limited knowledge of how to do all things computer-esqe. :yikes: I am sure there are tons of other people who are MUCH more knowledgeable than I and have a much easier way to do this. The first part of my answer (about the link for your photo) is true, though!

I want to enter the cointest, but how do you attach a photo on here? I can't figure it out.

Please help!

When you hit the reply button for the forum, there is a link on the second line that looks like a little picture (it's two symbols to the right of the little smilie face). When you click on that, it will give you a little drop down box where you can input the http:// link for your picture.

You will need to have the http:// address for your picture before you do this. I'm sure there are better ways to do this, like some photo storing websites, but I do it by uploading my pictures into some geocaching page (like a cache page or a TB page or even your profile). When the picture in uploaded into whatever website you use (like I do with geocaching.com), then you can right click on the picture and copy the properties, which gives you the http:// address to link in your forum post.

And that is about the extent of my extremely limited knowledge of how to do all things computer-esqe. :yikes: I am sure there are tons of other people who are MUCH more knowledgeable than I and have a much easier way to do this. The first part of my answer (about the link for your photo) is true, though!

Thanks for the help. Look's like it worked. Thanks also for the cointest. Also the first I've entered.

cab4beb0-d406-41d6-a65e-198231cd80c5.jpg?rnd=0.5631725

We spent our Thanksgiving Holiday hiking (and eating of course) and we stayed at a lovely house in the George Washington National Forest, Wintergreen Resort, in Virginia.

I don't have my pictures off of my camera yet, but I will post one when I get them downloaded. It was a perfect weekend with great weather, wonderful food, and special friendships.

Now my legs are very sore from hiking and climbing up and down mountains. We only got a few caches, and most of those were at the overlooks and close to the vehicle rather than from the trails. (The one that should have been on our hike was missing). The 9 year old was pretty into the game, and the adults were good sports about it too.

When I saw this coin, I definitely want one to commemorate with. I can win it or buy it :)

AND THE WINNERS ARE DRUMROLL

Yahoo...thanx so much for the cointest, and for using that neat program that selected my name! i do appreciate it. Email through your profile will be coming shortly.

Just as an FYI to anyone who watched the video...Although my first name is actually Michael, my caching name is SgtMikal, which rhymes with the 5-cent piece in America (nickel). No worries, but I just wanted to let you all know.