Explore Quinte Event

red07ss

I know that this is rater early, but I want to make this event big, with lots of new caches. I'm mainly looking for people willing to help me with placing caches for the event, and willing to share any helpful pointers.

GC380EK

Come out and explore the Quinte West area and have a great time with the whole family. There are hundreds of great caches in this area, and there will be several (at least 50) Event specific caches. Plus there will be a small craft show set up indoors for local vendors so we can include the whole Community!!! The entire event will be geocaching centric and run by a cacher

This event is still in the planning stage and I cannot publish the event until March 12th but I plan for it to be very big and to bring several sponsors on board like radio stations. Letters have been drafted and ready to be sent out. All the details should be worked out by late January

I'm shooting for this to be a free event and open to the entire community. But if it does come down to charging some kind of admission to cover costs of the food and such it won't be over $2 or $3 per. I'm currently in discussion with the lions club and wing association for a hall

Opening ceremonies 0900 - 0930

New geocacher info session

Caching day, hall will be open all day 0930 - 1500 for craft fair

Food served 1500 - 1600 (expecting to serve food)

Closing ceremonies and draws!! 1500 - 1540

Hall closes at 1700

Expected Vendors

Cache Me If You Can - Geocaching Supplies

So Sweet N Simple

More to come....

Call out for HELP!!!

I'm looking for ANY local geocachers willing to give their time to make this event great. I'm looking for people to place caches, help me with the hall (food and set-up). Contact me at explorequinte@hotmail.com if you wish to help. I have a guidelines made with all the required information that can be found at http://public.iwork.com/document/?a=p277155110&d=cache_placing_guidelines.pages. I'm also looking for anyone who has experience in events and is willing to share some.

Geocaching vendor sponsors also wanted!

Please contact me if interested.

Edited by red07ss

quintelogo_edited-1.png

New development; :)

Looks like this event has grabbed the attention of the City of Quinte West and they are likely backing it. Should have a venue by the end of the week. And we already have vendors rolling in for the Craft Fair.

keep an eye out!!!! Getting Exciting!!! :anibad:

Edited by red07ss

Wow thats cool! That must have been the event that the city was telling me about, too bad it took place 2 years before I started the hobby. Looked like a lot of fun, and I'm sure mine could be the same. I looked into that event, and it looks like it won't happen again, unless someone holds it again, which I may consider next year if this one goes well. The cacher that held it is now working in BC, and intestingly enough, he had the same trade as me when he was in the forces.

Thanks for the info, must be why the city was excited in backing this event.

Sounds like fun, but Quinte West has had a major event already.

Quinte Geocaching Adventure Challenge

But the location of the above event was perfect with lots of parking and lots of room to place event caches.

Binrat