Cache identity theft

crouchcrew

I want to say that both Atlas Cached and opencaching have been responsive to me today even though they are on a holiday weekend.

They have succeeded in removing all of my caches, both in the Olympia area and in Mount Vernon, from their listings. If they are listed in the future, it will be by my choice.

They will work on the identity issue once they are back in their offices on Monday.

I want to say that both Atlas Cached and opencaching have been responsive to me today even though they are on a holiday weekend.

They have succeeded in removing all of my caches, both in the Olympia area and in Mount Vernon, from their listings. If they are listed in the future, it will be by my choice.

They will work on the identity issue once they are back in their offices on Monday.

Thanks for the update! I'm glad it is being taken care for you. Looks likes it will end well.

A final message to let everyone know that all issues have been resolved.

All the listings on opencaching that were mine have been removed.

I now have the name ohjoy! on that site as well, so any further listings you may see on their site using my name will be from me.

All's well that ends well. And thanks to all those who helped my get this accomplished.

A final message to let everyone know that all issues have been resolved.

All the listings on opencaching that were mine have been removed.

I now have the name ohjoy! on that site as well, so any further listings you may see on their site using my name will be from me.

All's well that ends well. And thanks to all those who helped my get this accomplished.

It's great to know that they were responsive to your issue. Gives me hope.

But since nobody actually looks at that site, it really doesn't matter in the long run. But yeah, I'd be a bit POd if somebody listed my cachers there w/o my permission.

Just for giggles I listed my caches there early on. I've actually had a couple of finds on one and one on the other. I was pretty shocked.

I've got a couple caches on that site that are actually seeing more traffic these days than they do on GC.com, but I suspect that has more to do with the age of the cache (most locals already been to them).

I'm glad that the other site was able to respond quickly to address the concerns that prompted this thread to start in the first place.