Clarification for new cache

FoxMulders

Hi all,

I am ready to place my first cache and it happens to be a multi/puzzle cache and I was hoping someone could clarify this for me.

Under Listing guidelines, it states "Geocache must be in place before you enable the listing."

Does this mean that before I submit the cache for approval the cache must be in place

OR

I can submit it for approval, wait to see if it gets approved and once it is I will have the option to enable the listing.

Thanks in advance!

It means to have the cache, and all the stages, in the physical location(s) prior to submitting it for review.

If it gets published quickly, you may not have a chance to get out there to make sure everything is in place before people start searching for it.

One of the most aggravating things is looking for a cache that hasn't been physically placed yet.

Hi all,

OR

I can submit it for approval, wait to see if it gets approved and once it is I will have the option to enable the listing.

Thanks in advance!

You need to have the cache enabled in order for the reviewers to see it

That isn't exactly correct. You have to have the cache enabled to bring it to the attention of the Reviewer. I see many times on here that newbies are advised to just email the Reviewer any coordinates they have concerns about before putting a lot of work into setting up a time consuming placement. I did that some time back and my very helpful Reviewer did answer my question. However I was also advised in the future to fill out, and keep disabled, a cache page with all the coordinate information. Coordinates on cache pages work well with the Reviewer tools they have available. It makes less work for them to research the coords you have questions about. Ever since, when I had questions, I filled out a cache page and left the enable box unchecked. I then sent the Reviewer a note (with GC Code) to bring it to their attention. I usually get a quick response and sometimes an apology if they were not able to get to it for three or four days.

Our experience has been that the easiest way to do this is to enable the cache (so the reviewer will see it) and put a reviewer note asking them not to publish it until you are ready. That way, the reviewer can review the page, coordinates, whatever, and let you know if there are any problems. If it is okay, the reviewer will then disable the cache and post a note to you, letting you know that you need to enable the cache again when you are ready to have it published.

I suppose it depends on the reviewer, but some of them would rather be contacted through reviewer notes rather than email just because of the volume of emails with which they contend.

Either way, you should definitely have all the WPs and cache in place before you enable the cache for publication. You can't believe how fast some FTF hounds will go out after a newly published cache (I'm not ashamed to admit that addiction!).

Thanks for asking!