Unit Stopped working

Gan Dalf

Came home from caching yesterday and when I tried to turn on my GPS to retrieve the caches I had found it would not come on. Tried new batteries and plugging it in to another power source, no go. when I hook it into the computer using the USB port the computer regogizes that it is on but hte screen remains blank and the buttons do not repond.

So... I have a couple of questions. First is, I bought it at REI, 2 years ago. I've heard they have extrodinary return policies, any chance they will replace it? Second, is it repairable? I know that's a difficult question without seeing it but I'm wondering if Garmin even does anything like that.

Thanks for any help. I'm not looking forward to caching with my phone...

Edited by FobesMan

RIA won't touch it after 2 years. Contact Garmin about the problem. They have excellent customer support. If they are not willing to repair it they will offer an upgrade at a reduced cost. Good Luck!

Actually no, that's not true. That is if you really meant REI and not RIA, whoever they are. Decided to go back to the store and they had it in their database that I bought the 60CSx 3 years and one month ago almost to the day. They don't sell 60CSx's anymore so they took it back and exchanged it for a brand new Oregon 550T which was on sale for $30 more than what I paid for my CSx when I bought it. Not only that, I had a broken pair of sunglasses that I had bought there as well for $120. They gave me credit for the sunglasses and applied it to the difference in price of my old GPS and the new on sale one and gave me the difference in Cash. I walk out the door with a brand new GPS and $90 more than I walked in there with...