Montana 20% discount til 22 Nov

tmitchh

All,

Eastern Mountain Sports has a 20% discount on one item promotion going on right now. Expires 22 Nov. The coupon reads not available for Garmin, but if you call and ask for it they will honor it. If you live in a state where they have an actual store you have to pay tax though. They have 650 and 650t available. Although they have one less 650 since I just ordered myself one. They also have a really good no questions asked return policy if you don't like the unit.

All,

Eastern Mountain Sports has a 20% discount on one item promotion going on right now. Expires 22 Nov. The coupon reads not available for Garmin, but if you call and ask for it they will honor it. If you live in a state where they have an actual store you have to pay tax though. They have 650 and 650t available. Although they have one less 650 since I just ordered myself one. They also have a really good no questions asked return policy if you don't like the unit.

Make that 2.....I just called and they also honored the 20% off with free shipping even though the policy says no....I just asked nicely for the 650 (provide them with the online product ID) and it would be great if they could apply the 20% coupon....they did....that's a great price for the 650 since they have one of the lowest prices to start with in the first place!!! I wanted the 650 but had been hesitating price wise....it's on its way! Thanks for posting!!! :D:D

Thought about that - but I think for geocaching and hiking the 100k topos really don't do anything for you....you really want the 24k topos....IMHO

$100 for Garmin's DEM 24k regional topos is a little stiff, so I use the gpsfiledepot stuff. Still, the 100k Garmin DEMs give you a 3D shaded topo layer for throw in the mix. The Garmin's own topo is one of the few that layers well with City Navigator. Been using the 100k DEM topo map file from my old OR 400t on an micro SD in my OR 450 for a couple years now. The 100k DEM from the 400t was derived from the 2008 version of their 100k topo. The 650t topo map file based on the newer 2010 version. Plus, it is kind of nice that, with the 't' series extra on-board memory, you can have City Navigator sit on there; instead of being accessed across the buss to a external card. Figured, 'what the heck', time for an upgrade.

Edited by c_dog

Didn't see the "T" on their website.

In Garmin's model lingo, "T" is for Traffic enabled(comes with the Traffic Cable), and "t" is for topographic. There are no "T" mapping handhelds. The 't' models are pretty much the same as their non-t brethren, except their gmapprom.img files contain proprietary 100k DEM (Digital Elevation Model) maps that can display 3D shaded terrain and to hold this 2.5 GB ,or so, addition to the standard base map prom file, they have a larger internal memory.

Edited by c_dog
Does it have all the paperless geocaching "bells and whistles"? Thank you!

Aside from Wherigos, the Montanas are Garmin's most capable paperless geocaching units yet. They can hold 12,000 Geocaches with overview/log pages AND 4000 user-defined waypoints at once.

Didn't see the "T" on their website.

In Garmin's model lingo, "T" is for Traffic enabled(comes with the Traffic Cable), and "t" is for topographic. There are no "T" mapping handhelds. The 't' models are pretty much the same as their non-t brethren, except their gmapprom.img files contain proprietary 100k DEM (Digital Elevation Model) maps that can display 3D shaded terrain and to hold this 2.5 GB ,or so, addition to the standard base map prom file, they have a larger internal memory.

What size is the internal memory of the Montana 650t? I know the 650 is 3.64 gb. I thought the 650t was the same?

Edited by Cacheoholic

Must be nice. :)

They're going to be able to get one out to me tomorrow through an alternate channel, but it won't be here until next week thanks to that pesky holiday unless I want to pay an additional $20 over the $20 2nd day I has already paid. Just going to have it shipped standard now, since the earlist 2nd day can get it here is Monday.

:signalviolin:

EMS ROCKS!

They found one at a local store and had them hold it for me. They, they put me in touch with the store (in NYC). They are shipping it to me next day air for the same price as the second day air I was paying for yesterday. Should be here Friday.

Now to get a 16gb Class 10 MicroSD card at Best Buy Thursday night.

EMS ROCKS!

They found one at a local store and had them hold it for me. They, they put me in touch with the store (in NYC). They are shipping it to me next day air for the same price as the second day air I was paying for yesterday. Should be here Friday.

Now to get a 16gb Class 10 MicroSD card at Best Buy Thursday night.

Awesome!!!! Glad it worked out!!!!

What size is the internal memory of the Montana 650t? I know the 650 is 3.64 gb. I thought the 650t was the same?

The Specs in the Garmin site give the internal memory of 650t as 3.5 GB. In real life its got 7.35 GB, with 3.76 GB free after loading the whopping 3.05GB gmapprom.img file.