DECLINED - [FEATURE] PM only caches

drdick&vick

As ALR's are no longer allowed surely now is the time for Basic Members to be OFFIALLY allowed to log PM only caches when they have found them whilst in the company of a Premium Member.

The requirement of being a PM to do so is surely an ALR and even more so as it imposes a financial need to log the cache.

What prevents non-PM's from logging a PM cache?

As ALR's are no longer allowed surely now is the time for Basic Members to be OFFIALLY allowed to log PM only caches when they have found them whilst in the company of a Premium Member.

The requirement of being a PM to do so is surely an ALR and even more so as it imposes a financial need to log the cache.

Your allowed to OFFICIALLY log a PM cache. Always have been. You just need to search a bit and you will find the ways, there are at least 4 or 5.

A small bit of research in the forums would yield the myriad of topics regarding this issue.

Basic Members can, and always have been able to log a PMO cache. It's in the forums, take some time to use the search function.

It's not an ALR. Not even close.

It's called a "perk". Just like the other "perks", if you don't want to be able to use it, then that's no problem. If you want to pay for Premium Membership, then you will be able to enjoy the perks.

1.1. Benefits of Premium Membership:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=175

Another suggestion would be to read the sticky at the top of this forum, if you're attempting to request a "feature":

READ FIRST! Posting in the Geocaching.com Website Forum :

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=284600

Edited by Pup Patrol

I appear to have misread the OP this morning as a request to remove PMO caches. In any case, no PMO cache should restrict basic members from logging it provided that they legitimately find the cache and sign the log.

Well that's the biggest load of baloney I've heard this week ...

The ability to log PM only caches is a perk of membership ... so why should just basic members be able to use it?

As a paying member I find that a rather strange thing for you to say.

I use PM on some of my caches where I wish to limit footfall, or reward cachers who care to pay into the game via membership ...

If I am to be prevented from doing this, then I see no point in setting any further caches ...

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

The ability to log PM only caches is a perk of membership ... so why should just basic members be able to use it?

No, it is the ability to view the details and coordinates of a PMO cache that is a perk of membership. We do not want to limit the ability of basic members to log them if they found them with a family member or friend who is premium.

No, it is the ability to view the details and coordinates of a PMO cache that is a perk of membership. We do not want to limit the ability of basic members to log them if they found them with a family member or friend who is premium.

...and what if I don't want large groups of cachers, only some of whom are PM going to my caches? With some of my caches the whole idea of them being PM was to stop too much footfall and to help me not have to change the log books so frequently ....

You're not really helping the cache setters here ... just those who come along for the free ride!

...and what if I don't want large groups of cachers, only some of whom are PM going to my caches? With some of my caches the whole idea of them being PM was to stop too much footfall and to help me not have to change the log books so frequently ....

You're not really helping the cache setters here ... just those who come along for the free ride!

Delist the cache on this site and choose one that starts with an N or T and you will have very low footfall. Unfortunately Jeremy at one time made the statement that geocaching will always be free, so anyone can log the caches they find. I must admit though that I have never seen the reason to make a cache PMO is so it cuts down on the maintenance of replacing logbooks.

The OP actually has no PM only caches and only posted so as to clarify a point for some PM's who do not want to allow basic members to log their PM only caches. I am happy for all of my caches to be found as many times as possible and will happily replace any full logbooks.

I get more than enough perks for my pittance (£20 is nothing to an old pensioner like me)without restricting the pleasure for those who cannot afford the luxury.

Our son, who is a basic member, caches with us and logs all his finds. If he comes up with a problem with a PM cache he knows the 'backdoor'.

We now await the first log deletion so as we can bring the power of Groundspeak downupon the owner :rolleyes: