Woo Hoo Snazzy New Forums

Luffliffloaf

Yes, they do look good. However, the order of the topics, at least in the general area, seem backwards (kind of). There are lots of old topics near the top. Go down to the last page and they are recent 2003 topics. However, new posts do seem to be appearing correctly at the top. Is there a preference I need to set to put these in order starting with most recent?

Alchemist2000

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

Stop looking, I found it.

It's the little globe icon between where it says "Geocaching Home" and "Groundspeak Forums". Whoda thunk it...

If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead rabbits on the highway?

Originally posted by brdad:

Stop looking, I found it.

It's the little globe icon between where it says "Geocaching Home" and "Groundspeak Forums". Whoda thunk it...

Yep, took a few minutes to find that. I read somewhere on there that is supposed to represent a 'breadcrumb'(Why, I don't know). 'Today's Active Discussions' is the main feature I usually visited in the forums, and was disappointed when it was not readily intuitive in these new ones. Then I was really irked when the very intuitive 'Reply' send button told me I wasn't 'authorized' to use it! All in all though, it is a nice update. And it looks like it will have some interesting features to explore. Good job!

I very much like the new message posting screen. It will cut down on questions like "how do I add a link" and "how do I put a picture in my post" because the UBB code buttons are so easy to see.

I'll live without the old links. I am curious why my post count dropped from 800 something to 200 something. Are the posts themselves gone, or is just the counter messed up?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

This new style looks promising. The find/hide stat is gone when you go to a user profile from the forums though. I hope that comes back. I liked that stat.

Actually, after a 2nd look it seems there's a seperate profile for forums, find/hide is still on the main site user profile.

35043_1000.jpg

[This message was edited by Zartimus on March 28, 2003 at 09:01 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by alchemist2000:

However, the order of the topics, at least in the general area, seem backwards (kind of). There are lots of old topics near the top.

I'll see if I can fix this. I believe it has to do with the order the topics were entered into the database when imported from the other site. All new topics and messages should be ordered correctly.

frog.gif Elias

quote:
Originally posted by Garmen (& Women) Group:

Then I was really irked when the very intuitive 'Reply' send button told me I wasn't 'authorized' to use it!

Really? Is this still happening? Is this happening to anyone else? Hmmmm.... icon_confused.gif

frog.gif Elias

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

I am curious why my post count dropped from 800 something to 200 something. Are the posts themselves gone, or is just the counter messed up?

I'm not sure why this happened. I suspect it happened because I had to import the messages in groups since I overloaded the import tool if I tried to import all the messages at once. My guess is that the post count only reflected the number of your posts imported in the first batch. Still seems odd to me, but that's my best guess at this point.

frog.gif Elias

quote:
Originally posted by Zartimus:

The find/hide stat is gone when you go to a user profile from the forums though. I hope that comes back. I liked that stat.

Yeah, this isn't working right. I'm still trying to track this down.

frog.gif Elias

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

Yeah, this isn't working right. I'm still trying to track this down.

frog.gif Elias

Glad to see it is gonna still be there. I'm not a statboy (I am actually, just not in geocaching terms) and it's good for seeing which acount is a hand with a sock over it.

The search is wicked fast! Good job you guys! Life is better already for those of us who spend way too much time on here!

What I have noticed is:

(1) a bunch of ancient topics have appeared at the top of various forums.

(2) the most recent posts over the last few days seem to be missing

(3) Even some older posts are missing. E.g. the cannonball run topic in the tb forum now ends at 5 pages.

(4) Along with number of post counts being wrong, profiles appear to be messed up. I can't even get mine changed. So, it says I'm a male, is missing all my old info, and I can't change it! Ack!

Anyway, I know problems tend to happen when changes are made. I figure that it will get sorted out. The new forums do look nice!

pokeanim3.gif

I don't know if this is true in all the individual topics (this one seems to be ok), but I noticed in reading the topic in the general forum about caches in designated wilderness areas that the posts are all out of order. There is the original post, and then one from worldtraveler from today, but from there things get weird (Reading responses before other statements were made). Also the post by worldtraveler appeared again at the very end.

Also, I noticed that sometimes when I hit the back button (IE 6) that the previous pages lose their formatting, and become a little jumbly and difficult to read.

quote:
Originally posted by DenaliNW:

I don't know if this is true in all the individual topics (this one seems to be ok), but I noticed in reading the topic in the general forum about caches in designated wilderness areas that the posts are all out of order.

I just had an odd experience in this thread in the UK forum. Everything was in the right order, then I made a post, after which the original post was at the top, but all the rest were in reverse order. I made another post commenting on this, and it was still the wrong way round. Then just now I went back there to get the URL so I could link to it in this post, and now it's all hunky-dory again. Most strange.

SimonG.org - now with added blog!