what date most geocaches celebrate their birthday

idanpl

Shouldn't it be, "When do most reviewers publish caches"?

No, I think he ran a couple thousand PQ's to get this data. In that case? The dates for "placed" are reliant on what the cache owner puts as the date the hid it, not on the date it was published. Look at a recently published cache, notice that the date is a couple days old.

Shouldn't it be, "When do most reviewers publish caches"?

No, I think he ran a couple thousand PQ's to get this data. In that case? The dates for "placed" are reliant on what the cache owner puts as the date the hid it, not on the date it was published. Look at a recently published cache, notice that the date is a couple days old.

I understand that, but not what I meant.

My own limited database of 36948 caches doesn't agree with this. According to that, April 11th is the most common "birthday", followed by April 27th. January 1st is only on spot #51 out of the 366 possible. The least common is February 29th of course, followed by December 22nd. The most common month is April. Seen locally, this makes a lot of sense.

Edited by dfx

My own limited database of 36948 caches doesn't agree with this. According to that, April 11th is the most common "birthday", followed by April 27th. January 1st is only on spot #51 out of the 366 possible. The least common is February 29th of course, followed by December 22nd. The most common month is April. Seen locally, this makes a lot of sense.

Data is based on American based caches.

If we take German based cacehs, we will get the most common dates for placing caches are May 1st (labour day), October 3rd (Germany unity day), and April 25th (Easter Monday).

Hi,

If you ever wondered in what date most geocaches celebrate their birthday or similar date related stats, you can go to this post here:

Geocachingguy.wordpress.com

Enjoy :D

I don't think the dates are that significant anyways. Look at the graph of days of the month:

cacheplacedbyday.png

Apart from the first (where I suspect there is a tendency for lazy cachers to do a quick finger flutter) the days are pretty much the same, discounting "noise".

The birthdays are the same IMHO.