Number of Finds Not Updated Properly?

TrekDad

Let me try this...

Cache pages do not automatically update 'cache found' numbers. But it will update the next time someone else posts to that that cache page. Or if you must have then current, just post a note to the cache and then delete it.

Btw- the count on your profile page should always be correct.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by TrekDad:

I've noticed that on each of my "found" cahes, the number of finds is not consistently listed and vary. Any ideas as to what's up? I only have 1 account to which I log each find.

Many thanks,

TrekDad icon_confused.gif

the number listed on the log page is the number you have found at the time the page is last updated.

In other words, when you your 10th cache, and post the log, it will show you have 10 finds. Then if someone posts a log a few days later on that cache, your log will show how many total finds you have on that day. The only truly accurate find total is the one in your profile

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

To save on server load the cache page is only updated when a new log is placed on it.

So until someone logs something on a cache page your numbers stay at the point where they were at the time of the last log.

Did that make any sense? icon_eek.gif

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================