Fix the bugs before adding new features

Drunkin Monkeys

It's obvious the beta maps are going no where, restore full functionality to the old maps. I know you can't please everyone, but you are ignoreing the mess you created and are too busy adding new features that are taking the focus away from what needs fixed...you need to focus on what you broke..... My membership has been a gift from someone every year, I'm telling them not to re-new my premium membership until Groundspeak gets their heads out of the ground and finish the maps before they take on anymore projects.

Geocaching.com has not functioned properly in over 6 months, yet you keep throwing more into the mix to make it even worse.

Actually the beta maps are very nice. At least they stay up and running unlike the old maps which had to have features disabled almost every weekend because it was very in efficient.

If you want to recommend bug fixes and changes then outline the problems. Don't try to scrap everything and keep it all stagnant. The site needs to keep innovating and changing. Otherwise all of this would still be a yahoo message board.

There will always be bugs and problems to work out. Its impossible to work all the kinks out before features are released. Until a new feature goes live and is fully tested by hundreds of people in real world situation you can't know what bugs will emerge and why. If it could be fully tested and made perfect before release then we would never have a need for updates. But bottom line is there are always problems. Even the original maps had there fill of problems.

Feel free to contribute to one of the open bug and feature threads relating to mapping functions. If, after searching, you don't see your specific issue identified, start a new thread.

Please follow the pinned thread at the top of this forum to aid in providing focused feedback in a form useful to the developers.

I am closing this thread because it is a general complaint rather than a feature request or bug report. If you wish to complain generally about the beta maps, there is a thread open in the Geocaching Topics forum asking the community what they think of this feature.