SUBMITTED (29259) - [FEATURE] submit new caches from the app

xplore19

I brought this up with a few lackeys at the block party I think it would be usefull as well as much needed if you could make it so on the app a person could submit new caches to be published or even activate a new trackable at this point if you want to do this you need to open safari and go through the site that way I nelieve it would be much more useful as well as very welcome if this could be done from the app thank you and I really hope this is something others agree on and can be placed in an upcoming version of the app very soon

I brought this up with a few lackeys at the block party I think it would be usefull as well as much needed if you could make it so on the app a person could submit new caches to be published or even activate a new trackable at this point if you want to do this you need to open safari and go through the site that way I nelieve it would be much more useful as well as very welcome if this could be done from the app thank you and I really hope this is something others agree on and can be placed in an upcoming version of the app very soon

Whew! What a read! Try a little punctuation... :)

Offcourse how you use the device is ONE of the important parameters in hiding a cache! Simply one "mark" on a dedicated device would give bad results too. But the accuracy of the device itself must be taken in account too. I like using my 3GS very much but I noted that the precision of the device is far below the precision of my 60csx, especially in difficult conditions. I heard that the precision of the 4 and 4s is way better so that could make a difference.

All depends on the way GS would implement this feature. If it would be a simple "mark" and "send" I consider it a bad idea.

And I'm afraid that implementing this feature in the app will make it "too easy" for persons with no or little experience to post caches.

But, as I said before: that's just my opinion.

Offcourse how you use the device is ONE of the important parameters in hiding a cache! Simply one "mark" on a dedicated device would give bad results too. But the accuracy of the device itself must be taken in account too. I like using my 3GS very much but I noted that the precision of the device is far below the precision of my 60csx, especially in difficult conditions. I heard that the precision of the 4 and 4s is way better so that could make a difference.

All depends on the way GS would implement this feature. If it would be a simple "mark" and "send" I consider it a bad idea.

And I'm afraid that implementing this feature in the app will make it "too easy" for persons with no or little experience to post caches.

But, as I said before: that's just my opinion.

I actively use the iPhone 4 + App combination and I actually agree with you. Placing a cache should be a thought-out endeavour, not something that you should be able to do "on the fly".

Of course, I haven't placed any caches so far, so I don't know what the experience of placing/activating a cache is like.

Also, as per your comment about the iPhone 4 and 4s having better accuracy, I can confirm that for you. So long as 3G is turned on AS WELL AS WiFi, it'll get me to within 5 metres of the posted coords 90% of the time. Now if its pouring down rain with thunder and lightning, it'll get me within 10-15 metres of the coords, 100% of the time!

Battery life blows though... :ph34r: