Hide and Seek link

The Navigatorz

When searching for caches in your zip code area within a specified radius, you get a listing of all of the caches. It would be nice if you had the option of querying only new caches in your area within a time period of your choosing, say options like within the last 24 hours, within the last 3 days, within the last week, etc. As it is now, you get a listing of all the caches in your zip code (or any zip code you choose) and it includes all caches old and new, one's you already found, and one's you hid. Then you have to scroll down through the pages to find the new ones. Hope this isn't an old topic already hashed over and over.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The Navigatorz:

When searching for caches in your zip code area within a specified radius, you get a listing of all of the caches. It would be nice if you had the option of querying only new caches in your area within a time period of your choosing, say options like within the last 24 hours, within the last 3 days, within the last week, etc. As it is now, you get a listing of all the caches in your zip code (or any zip code you choose) and it includes all caches old and new, one's you already found, and one's you hid. Then you have to scroll down through the pages to find the new ones. Hope this isn't an old topic already hashed over and over.

http://www.geocachingwa.org

What you need is a pocket query. If you are a member you can create a pocket query to sed you a file containing the caches that have been updated in the last 7 days, that you haven't found, and that you don't own.

I have a query like this that runs three times a week. I wrote some code to parse out the XML file and build my own personal todo list. But there is other software out there that will read this file and allow you to view and sort it.

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio