Does the Etrex 10,20or 30 show attributes?

sktqch

Those are not 3 different display option. If you are getting your cache data from Open Caching then it will show in the format pictured in the middle. If you get your caches from here then it will look like the picture on the right. If you use both sites then it will look like the first picture.

Edit to add: The rest of the images show opencaching on the left and Geocaching on the right. The idea is formatting the look and feel of the screen to match the site you got the caches from.

Edited by mpilchfamily

Yes, mainly interested in "Winter accessible" etc.. Since we get up to 4 feet of snow here, that's a critical factor in whether to go and search out the cache or not.

How about doing one pocket query for winter and one for the rest of the year? :) Then the winter-unfriendly caches won't even be cluttering up your GPSr when you can't look for them.

AFAIK, Geocaching.com attributes aren't one of the filter options on the new eTrexes. And quite frankly, with Garmin now having a competing website, I wouldn't expect them to be adding any Groundspeak-specific features to their devices, unless it's something so important that they simply can't ignore it. Attributes are handy, but I don't think they rise to that level, especially since lots of cache owners don't even assign them.

If you don't want to pre-filter via pocket query setups, is it something that could be done in GSAK?

Patty

I just ran this macro on a series of geocaches in GSAK under version 7.xxxxx and it listed the first two caches which had attributes as NOT available during winter as "available during winter". Something's amiss. Maybe it only works with version 8?

It doesn't seem to recognize the "NOT" in not available at night as well.

SKTQCH

Edited by sktqch

did you check off both YES and NO on the attribute list? I checked of both for all attibutes so i get a complete list of attributes on my GPS. You can contact the macro author and ask him or here about that behavior. I recently upgraded to version 8 and it is well worth it for the direct access to geocaching.com.

did you check off both YES and NO on the attribute list? I checked of both for all attibutes so i get a complete list of attributes on my GPS. You can contact the macro author and ask him or here about that behavior. I recently upgraded to version 8 and it is well worth it for the direct access to geocaching.com.

I am not sure what you mean by checking off Yes and No on the attribute list?

What I did was import a "bookmark" list into GSAK ver. 7.xxx via a downloaded email .gpx file, then ran the attr.....macro on the GSAK database. I then went into each cache and looked at the attribute list icons and compared them with the attribute list in it's text format down at the beginning of the logs. This is where the discrepancy between the "NOT" and the "AVAILABLE" showed up.

SKTQCH

I've just run through a large list of geocaches containing attributes. I ran the macro and every one of the "NOT...." attributes has been changed so the "NOT..." is missing, leading people to believe the opposite of what is true, in the text version placed just above the logs by the macro.

Has anyone else found this out also?

SKTQCH

The macro on this page does not work correctly on my 1350. I knew that before I tried but I was interested to see what did get processed/displayed. I do get all of the geocache icons but no descriptions, notes or lat/long information.

This is not a complaint towards the macro whatsoever, quite the opposite. I just wish Garmin would have consistent data parameters across their model line.

This is not a complaint towards the macro whatsoever, quite the opposite. I just wish Garmin would have consistent data parameters across their model line.

First they need to work on getting out a manual that includes all the features and how to use them!!!!

SKTQCH