SUBMITTED (19222) - [FEATURE] Multilanguage cache description

Gillala

Hi,

I live in a France near the German boarder and a lot of tourists may come and visit my/neighbour caches. That is of course the case for a lot of people.

I therefore try to make a specific description of my caches in different French/German/English.

The problem is that the listing can quickly become very long and thus no longer very user friendly.

I think it would be a great feature if there was the possiblity to define in which languages the cache is described when we create / edit it. If several languages are selected, there would be a tabcontainer and in each tab, the cache description in its respective language.

Of course, the idea can be bettered, but the general principle of separating several languages is IMHO worth th eimplementation. Isn't it ?

Thx

Excellent idea :antenna: !

I live near the boarder to France and missed this feature in holidays, too. Maybe we can integrate this in PQs, too.

The idea with tabs is very nice. Another way would be different sections in the print version, like short and long describtion.

I think this has been requested on user voice already. It was a good idea then and still is a good idea now! +3

It has also been asked for numerous times in this forum and as early as 2003. I have been among those who asked for it. Back in 2003 attributes did not exist. Now it would not

only makes sense to allow separate language versions provided by the cache hider, but also attributes marking all the available languages so that one can search for caches with for example a French description, or a Danish one.

It's good to hear that the feature request is still in the internal queue.

I am however not very confident any longer that this multilanguage support will ever be added to the system. When opencaching.de started, they managed to add this multilanguage support within less than 2 months even though their team has been considerably smaller. It's simply a matter of priorities. Unlike coming up with fancy maps or an API, adding the chance to provide several language versions, should be something that is easily implementable and cost much less time and effort.

Cezanne

We have a story for support of multilingual cache descriptions currently in our database.

:) This has been a long requested feature... I hope that the implementation can start quickly.

I am looking forward to this one.

- Please make it also possible to search for caches with, for example, an English description. This will be very useful if you plan a travel. --> Can the "recommended for tourists" attribute be linked to a multilanguage cache description?

Edited by RaffeR