Most caches in a day. (On foot)

Roman!

My record day of caching was 65 caches, 63 were on foot walking 9 hours around Hayward Lake in B.C. one was on my way driving home and I did another after I got homeso my record would be 63.

What is the most caches you found in a day without using any other form of transportation besides your feet between any of the caches and where did you do this?

Edited by Roman!

My record day of caching was 65 caches, 63 were on foot walking 9 hours around Hayward Lake in B.C. one was on my way driving home and I did another after I got homeso my record would be 63.

What is the most caches you found in a day without using any other form of transportation besides your feet between any of the caches and where did you do this?

Holy wow! I don't know how to prove it, but I would not be at all surprised if that is a record! 63 caches without getting back into the car or onto a bike? How many miles was that, and was it on a nice paved trail, a walking path, or bushwhacking? Either way, it sure sounds like a lot more work than most cachers that I know, including myself, would do!

I did 21 during a 12 mile hike getting a significant portion of this series. That was about half of the total that are int he area at the time and about half of them were puzzle caches. It was a fantastic day but I was wasted by the end of it. Took the geopup and got one on the way there for a total of 22 that day. Still need to go back into the area to get the last five or six that are still there...

Edited by FobesMan

Holy wow! I don't know how to prove it, but I would not be at all surprised if that is a record! 63 caches without getting back into the car or onto a bike? How many miles was that, and was it on a nice paved trail, a walking path, or bushwhacking? Either way, it sure sounds like a lot more work than most cachers that I know, including myself, would do!

We walked about 15 miles, one side of the lake had a fair bit of up and down, the other side was fairly flat. Yes, no car or bike in-between any of the caches. I'm thinking 250-300 could be possible walking a power trail.

A group of 4 of us, who most of us never cache with each other before, parked their cars at the bottom of a trail and I drove all of us in mine to the top. We then hiked 11 miles back down doing 26 caches with 18 of them being FTFs, at the same time two of us finished a challenge by clearing the park out, which this was only half of the park and the 2 of us cleared out the other half and part of this half on previous trips.

Edited by jellis

My record for most caches in a day, using any transportation method is 15, and they were all hiking, with a local caching couple, at one of the local small peaks known as the Issaquah Alps.

Mount Si

Nope. King County Parks. It's kind of on the edge of the Alps. Taylor Mt. I've never been up Si.

Edited by Dgwphotos

My record for most caches in a day, using any transportation method is 15, and they were all hiking, with a local caching couple, at one of the local small peaks known as the Issaquah Alps.

Mount Si

Nope. King County Parks. It's kind of on the edge of the Alps. Taylor Mt. I've never been up Si.

We would have found more, but we had a few DNF's as well.

Mount Si

Well, it was a good guess anyway... :anibad:

I once did 65 caches in one day.

The first 25 were the in a linear park alongside a river. The other alternated between urban caches and various different parks. The caches and containers were varied enough to make it enjoyable the whole time.

It ended up being approx 12-13 miles and about 9-10 hours.

Also, no cut and paste when I was logging them.

Mount Si

Well, it was a good guess anyway... :anibad:

If you had guessed Cougar Mountain, you would have been close. That's number two, also with Grnxnham.

Great topic!

I think my best is right around 30 caches in a nature park. I parked my car at the entrance and proceded to walk 8 miles in the next 8 hours. That might sound like a really slow pace but in my defense it was at an area that had hills that rival any of the local ski areas. At the end of the day my dog was so tired she didn't even try to get out of the car when I did a half dozen PNGs on the way home.

We recently did the CoExist series. We did them over 4 days, our best day was the one where we parked once and walked all day, finding much of the center group, 19 caches. Some tough bushwhacking in xeric sand pine scrub. (A person with good mapping skills and a strong set of legs *might* be able to do this in 2 days - we could have done it in 3, but didn't start out with idea of doing them all, no planning at the beginning.)

a02f6657-e1c7-4b3b-bc10-9481476ad14e.jpg

Edited by Isonzo Karst

I recently walked just a bit over 8 miles for a total of 85 caches in about 4.5 hours. Still need to do some more walking - ran out of daylight the day I did these.

mmrp.JPG

Now there's a challenge! :grin:

I'll have to see if I can do better when I hit that area. :D

And indeed it was a challenge! :o

Went out yesterday with AZgeckogirl in hopes of clearing out the area in the posted image.

We started at 0915 and quit (not finished :( ) at 1900.

Started on the loop to the right, and then circled the perimeter going counter-clockwise. By the time we got to where we would have cut back west to finish on the line 'up the middle', it was 1830 dark, our joints were sore, and we were quite satisfied with 117 found and only one DNF.

My previous 'Best Day' was 104 (driving), so besting that by 13 (on foot) is pretty nice. B)