8th International Mathtrade

ECplus3

All good ideas. Perhaps you can run the next mathtrade and use your own ideas. But, as you said yourself, it is up the the organizer to decide the parameters and he has graciously done so for this one!

I was (and am) merely wondering about the reasoning behind some of these decisions. they could be such that even if I did run another math trade again mysefl, I might want to use those same parameters too.

The decisions on limitations to the trade were not entirely arbitrary.

- I am limiting the trades to just those items that are considered geocoins -- trackable or non-trackable -- to ensure that everything on the trade list can be discussed openly in this thread.

- I am limiting the number of coins per person to 50 because of a number of emails I received after an earlier trade. A few participants posted long lists of coins and ended up with lots of trades. This ended up costing one participant a lot more in postage than they were prepared for. Other participants thought it was unfair that so many trades went to those who had many more coins to offer. So I came up with the 50 coin rule to try and be fair without being overly limiting. And to also protect people from unexpected postage bills.

- The limit of one unique coin per person is to prevent vendors or designers (myself included) from listing a bunch of XLEs or AEs.

Is there a way to trade in this program when you don't want a particular geocoin but just coin's with animal's

in the next stage, you will not only get to decide which coins you would like to trade for, but which coins you would consider trading for each individual coin.

ILYK

edited to add, i guess i should see if i have any traders with animals

Edited by drneal

Oke but that's not wat I mean sorry

I do'nt want to trade : an Carousel horse gold (particular coin ) but just coins with any animal.

For Chuck.

Kan ik ook ergens op de Google lijst (in de volgende fase) vermelden dat ik niet op zoek ben naar een bepaalde coin maar gewoon naar coins met dieren daar op ?.

Hopelijk snap je mij .

I do'nt want to trade : an Carousel horse gold (particular coin ) but just coins with any animal.

For Chuck.

Kan ik ook ergens op de Google lijst (in de volgende fase) vermelden dat ik niet op zoek ben naar een bepaalde coin maar gewoon naar coins met dieren daar op ?.

Hopelijk snap je mij .

You will be able to make a list of coins with animals. Then use that list to trade your coin with.

There will be more explantion when we get into that stage. Like how to make the list and use it.

Edited by NOSNOW

For Chuck.

Hopelijk snap je mij .

I'll help you figure it out when we get to that stage, if you want. But in the end you have to specify yourself which coins are animal coins and which are not. This cannot be derived automatically from the name of the coin.

For Chuck.

Hopelijk snap je mij .

Olaf in de coinlijst geef je de coins op die zou willen ruilen. Nadat iederren zijn coins geplaatst heeft kijk je in de lijst welke je zou willen ruilen voor je eigen coin.

Als je geen coin ziet die je zou willen hebbn ruil je je eigen coin niet.

Mail mij anders maar.

cut and paste this

=HYPERLINK("https://sites.google.com/site/scifisgeocoincollection/home/math-trade-viii-coins";"Unactivated/Trackable")

where the first part is the links http address and the second part is the text that you want showing.

Huh?

Isn't there just a button to click or something?

No button to click that I could find in the toolbar hence having to cut and paste. I'm assuming that you wanted the links to the artwork on the lastest ones that you posted.

Edited by Eartha
remove links at OP's request.

PHASE 1: Coin entry is officially underway. We already have over 600 coins in the list from 20 participants. Since over 60 people have asked to join the trade I suspect this number will rise. :)

Oh, and if someone could add a Dutch 2008 Halloween event coin, I'd appreciate it. ;)

cut and paste this

=HYPERLINK("https://sites.google.com/site/scifisgeocoincollection/home/math-trade-viii-coins";"Unactivated/Trackable")

where the first part is the links http address and the second part is the text that you want showing.

Huh?

No button to click that I could find in the toolbar hence having to cut and paste. I'm assuming that you wanted the links to the artwork on the lastest ones that you posted?

Yes, those would be it. I C&Ped and placed into a file on my pc. Could you edit your post to take out the links? I'm not ready to announce those coins in the forums yet without sample pix. Math trade peeps are getting the advanced look. Thanks.

cut and paste this

Huh?

No button to click that I could find in the toolbar hence having to cut and paste. I'm assuming that you wanted the links to the artwork on the lastest ones that you posted?

Yes, those would be it. I C&Ped and placed into a file on my pc. Could you edit your post to take out the links? I'm not ready to announce those coins in the forums yet without sample pix. Math trade peeps are getting the advanced look. Thanks.

Asking moderators to remove the http addresses from post. Too late to edit :(

Edited by scificollector

I know it's late in the game and I'm still not sure I can make up a list in time and get my coins into the spreadsheet (if accepted) but I sent you an email anyway as I wouldn't mind giving it a try. If it's just too late I can wait for the next one. Again, I might not make it anyway so will leave it to your discretion.

I haven't been around for a while so I may not even know what most of the coins listed are anyway.

Edited by Theotokos

I remember from last year that it was possible to group "incoming" coins, so that you would only get one of the coins in a group (maximum :)).

Is there a way to group "outgoing" coins, so that only one of them trades? To be specific, I've ordered two Mehndi Mandala coins, I'd like to trade one of them, doesn't matter which one. Can the system trade the one that gets me the best trade?

Or perhaps I could make only one entry, and specify that the person who gets the trade, gets to choose which version (s)he wants?

Of course, if I don't have the coins in hand by the trade list submission deadline, I won't list any trades for them.