Birdseye select maps on the Montana

WrongwayUK

When I bought the Montana 650 yesterday along with the GB Discoverer 50k, I also got a Birdseye Select voucher. I have downloaded about half of its 600k allowance with Basecamp onto my Mac. This transfers nicely to my Montana. The questions. Do I have to select the whole downloaded bit in Basecamp or can I just select an area to transfer to the Garmin for now. It seems such a grey area with very little information.

Next. When I have this new Birdseye 25k map installed, the only way it can show on the Montana is by disabling the 50k Discoverer map. Is it possible to get the 25k to come into view as I zoom in from the 50k map as it appears to do from the base map to the 50k map.

One othe question. In map view on the Montana there is a big red pushpin when you drag the map. When I say big, I mean B I G. Is there a way to reduce the size of it as it looks bloody awful.

Next. When I have this new Birdseye 25k map installed, the only way it can show on the Montana is by disabling the 50k Discoverer map. Is it possible to get the 25k to come into view as I zoom in from the 50k map as it appears to do from the base map to the 50k map.

I am not sure if this is the right answer:

You can open the Birdseye map via the basecamp, go to map property and adjust the draw order to higher than 50

The draw order gives the map priority over other maps based on the number you assign.

So does the draw order just basically act similar to layers in photoshop. In other words the highest value layer is seen and layers underneath are not. If the draw order is set in Base Camp is this position transferred to the Garmin when the map is copied across?

I suspect the 25k map can't be made to appear only after zoomed in to a certain level by the sounds of things.

I suspect the 25k map can't be made to appear only after zoomed in to a certain level by the sounds of things.

I just looked at mine. moving down to the corner of the 1:25K area, as I zoom out, the 1:25 disappears as I go through the 0.5 mile setting. A 0.5, I can see the 1:50 outside the corner and 1:25 inside it At 0.8 miles, only the 1:50K shows. I don't see any way of changing when it switches.

... Joe

I just looked at mine. moving down to the corner of the 1:25K area, as I zoom out, the 1:25 disappears as I go through the 0.5 mile setting. A 0.5, I can see the 1:50 outside the corner and 1:25 inside it At 0.8 miles, only the 1:50K shows. I don't see any way of changing when it switches.

... Joe

I think I must have mine set wrong somehow. The 1:25K only shows if I disable the 1:50K. I am not too concerned about setting exactly when they switch, just getting them to switch at all would be progress.