Pocket query updates??

rayt333

Is this a bug or what?

There are several new caches that are over a week old and yet they are still not listed in the latest pocket query that I received today.

Is this normal?

Sure seems like we should get the latest updates if the query was generated today then it should include all caches that are listed at the site.

I seen a new cache posted last week, so on friday after I received the latest pocket query, I uploaded it to my PDA and without checking it went caching Saturday. I was surprised it (new cache) was not listed, so anyway I have been watching and it is now a week later and that new cache is still not listed.

When I decided to become a paid member I thought we would be getting the latest updates, but we are not.

First, double check your criteria and make sure that they would really fit - proximity, type, etc. Also, temporarily disabled caches do not show on a pocket query.

That being said, I have one cache that for some reason will NOT show on a pocket query. It fits all the criteria for proximity, type, geographical location and is active and not temporarily disabled.

Yet for the past 4 weeks, it has not shown on the pocket query that I requested. All the other caches around it do. I sent an e-mail to TPTB, but no response yet. icon_frown.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

I just compared the pocket query to a search coving the same area and I found at least 3 more missing from the pocket query that show up in the search and are still active, and these others are not new caches.

I think there is a bug or flaw in the pocket query searches, but what can be done about it? hopefully it can and will be fixed.

Too bad we can't just go through and download certain pages directly and upload to the PDA.

If you have some examples of caches that aren't showing up in queries that you know they should be, please e-mail me (admin at Groundspeak) and I'll look into it. Please send me if you can the pocket query ID and the missing cache IDs.

Thanks,

-Elias

Pocket query ID=2429

This cache is missing from it. It went live on 1/10/03 and still was not listed on the pocket query dated 1/17/03 although it showed up on Geocaching site on the 10th.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=49620

There is some others but to get them I would need to go through them one by one. I know none of out of state caches show up in the pocket query, which is frustrating since I live close to 2 other states and their caches do not appear in the query. They show up just fine when you do a search from the site. Since I live the southeastern part of the state then the caches I get are only in a quarter circle of the state I live in.

I hope you understand my point here. Is there some kind of bug or just a design fault?

I was looking at the pocket query and I just noticed that none of the caches I have found are listed, I have it set to download "all" caches but it skips the "found" caches, it has the ones I hid and only the ones I haven't found in a 100 mile radius but only includes Ohio caches, I live about 40 miles WVa. and no caches show from there. In the search on the main page they all show up but not in the pocket query.

Ray, you don't say whether you're using GPX or LOC files. If it's GPX, then your problem may be that you're not using the most current version of Easy GPS. Earlier versions filter out caches from GPX files for some reason.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

quote:
Originally posted by rayt333:

.....but only includes Ohio caches, I live about 40 miles WVa. and no caches show from there. In the search on the main page they all show up but not in the pocket query.

Ray in your query parameters deselect "States/Provinces" and select "None Selected" or "Countries" choosing U.S. of course. This will give you a true radius ignoring State lines/borders.

Cheers, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"

OK, I just looked at the setup for my search and it was defaulted to my state, I don't think I selected it myself but I cannot be sure. At least that may clear up that issue (out of state caches)

And I also think you have solved the reason my found caches were not included. I looked at the selected options several times and didn'see it, I had selected to not include "found" caches.

duhhhhhh

(egg on my face)