Whingers

Why so many people complaining about so many aspects of Geocaching? Yes it has its faults but you're never FORCED to do a cache. Just get out there and enjoy whatever aspect of caching you like.

It's just gone 11am on Remembrance Sunday so think about those who cannot do what we do. As I was sitting quietly for 2 minutes it occurred to me how lucky we are that at a whim we can enjoy the open air. There are those who would give anything to be able to get wet, muddy, stung or whatever in the futile hunt for a worthless plastic box.

Why so many people complaining about so many aspects of Geocaching? Yes it has its faults but you're never FORCED to do a cache. Just get out there and enjoy whatever aspect of caching you like.

It's just gone 11am on Remembrance Sunday so think about those who cannot do what we do. As I was sitting quietly for 2 minutes it occurred to me how lucky we are that at a whim we can enjoy the open air. There are those who would give anything to be able to get wet, muddy, stung or whatever in the futile hunt for a worthless plastic box.

But, but, but, but.... doesn't EVERY cache have to be exactly where I expected it, clean, well stocked, and just the kind of cache that I want to find?

Seriously though, well said, when I go geocaching the biggest risk I take is that I won't enjoy a cache. Such a far cry from the risks my grandfather took when he was flying over Nazi Germany not knowing if he'd make it home to see his wife and children.

dadgum whingers, whinging about people whinging. I bet someone will be along soon whinging about how the game has changed since they were nobbut a lad, getting up in the morning before they went to bed, wearing nothing but a pair of grandfathers old shorts and a string vest and shod in hob nailed boots 3 sizes too large with no laces and half the nails missing, hiking 50 miles over hill and dale before breakfast to find an exquisitely placed ammo box containing a log the size of the Doomsday book and a sharp pencil. Aye them were the days, when caching was fresh and a cacher had time to fill out the log in copperplate script before striding out to the next cache 25 miles away at the top of a glacier. My how we had fun, not like the kids these days with their silly little nanos and magnetic key safes placed 250 yards apart with a well worn geoachers trail in between to lead them from cache to cache hunched over the latest and greatest paperless GPS, compiling when they are not led right to the gz and have to spend more than 5 minutes searching for yet another inconsequential find stuck to the bottom of a dogpoo bin. I tell you Arbuthnot nostalgia just ain't what it used to be.

:laughing::anitongue:

Edited by Shanghai Joe

dadgum whingers, whinging about people whinging. I bet someone will be along soon whinging about how the game has changed since they were nobbut a lad, getting up in the morning before they went to bed, wearing nothing but a pair of grandfathers old shorts and a string vest and shod in hob nailed boots 3 sizes too large with no laces and half the nails missing, hiking 50 miles over hill and dale before breakfast to find an exquisitely placed ammo box containing a log the size of the Doomsday book and a sharp pencil. Aye them were the days, when caching was fresh and a cacher had time to fill out the log in copperplate script before striding out to the next cache 25 miles away at the top of a glacier. My how we had fun, not like the kids these days with their silly little nanos and magnetic key safes placed 250 yards apart with a well worn geoachers trail in between to lead them from cache to cache hunched over the latest and greatest paperless GPS, compiling when they are not led right to the gz and have to spend more than 5 minutes searching for yet another inconsequential find stuck to the bottom of a dogpoo bin. I tell you Arbuthnot nostalgia just ain't what it used to be.

Walk 50 miles? Luxury! We used to dream about only having to walk 50 miles. When I were lad, our dad would make us get up a 2am, a lump of coal for breakfast, and then we'd have to run 100 miles to t'cache which was often as not in the middle of a lake, and hob nailed boots? Yer don't know tha's born. Wooden clogs was what we wore, and lucky if we had a whole pair between the three of us.

Walk 50 miles? Luxury! We used to dream about only having to walk 50 miles. When I were lad, our dad would make us get up a 2am, a lump of coal for breakfast, and then we'd have to run 100 miles to t'cache which was often as not in the middle of a lake, and hob nailed boots? Yer don't know tha's born. Wooden clogs was what we wore, and lucky if we had a whole pair between the three of us.

Clogs you were lucky, we only had socks, we had to sprint 150 miles to get a cache. We would walk 25 hours a day to just get 2 caches. We didn't have breakfast, couldn't even afford coal. We didn't even have a pen, so we found a thorn nearby and signed it in blood.

Now that is how hard it was for us!

In the good ole days back in the Black country we day av enuth money for anyfin.

Our next door neighbour's son used to run up and darn his back garden pretending he was riding a motorbike.

Me mate sed to me one day: whats up wi im?

I sed: tek no notice he's saft in the yed he thinks he's in the Isle o mon in the TT rerces.

Me mate sed: but he ay got a bike, yo orter tell him.

Bugger off I sed, he pays me a fiver a wik to clain it.

Naaa them wos the good ole days!

Should the previous poster not change his name from Fantasy Raider to Fantasy Rider???

"Previous poster" is of the female persuasion and is as wise and sane as she is tall. In fact, just like me :laughing:

Izzy

Thank you my little friend Izzy! :laughing:

But i often get mistaken as a bloke, must have something to do with the army kegs, army boots and the harley I ride .... :ph34r:

(Mistaken even on forums .... which is strange? ..... ) >>>Stomps off to add some lippy>>

In the good ole days back in the Black country we day av enuth money for anyfin.

Our next door neighbour's son used to run up and darn his back garden pretending he was riding a motorbike.

Me mate sed to me one day: whats up wi im?

I sed: tek no notice he's saft in the yed he thinks he's in the Isle o mon in the TT rerces.

Me mate sed: but he ay got a bike, yo orter tell him.

Bugger off I sed, he pays me a fiver a wik to clain it.

Naaa them wos the good ole days!

Aynuk & Ayli ;-)

You can tek tha girl outta the Black Countray...

(Sorry. Walsall born and bred)