Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
kentwoodkrew

Oregon 450

Well used oregon 450 dinged up on the sides and one tiny scratch on the screen. Comes with a 8gb sd card with city nav 2011.40 and older 24k topos SE usa. $185 shipped for the US and Canada.

D'oh don't post late at night

Edited by kentwoodkrew

I would love some more info on this unit... Is it a 450 or 450T. Also why are you getting rid of it.

Hi. It is the 450 not the 450t. I can put some topo maps for Canada on it. I am selling it because I got a montana.

How good is this unit for paperless geocaching? Can you see more than 5 logs? Hopw easy is it to read the screen? My eyes are not young anymore. hehe... Is the unit on its last legs? :)

The unit does paperless extremely well. I had a 200, and I found it easy to read, even in the sun. But, I've had my eyes corrected, so I might not be a good guage. Also, the 5 logs you get is a product of the PQ, and works the same on every paperless GPS.

Later!

How good is this unit for paperless geocaching? Can you see more than 5 logs? Hopw easy is it to read the screen? My eyes are not young anymore. hehe... Is the unit on its last legs? :)

It runs fine. As I said I am selling it because I got a montana. The screen is a big improvement over the 400 and is bigger and has a higher resolution than the new etrex models.

Price drop. $110 Let me know around where you live for specials.

Edited by kentwoodkrew

Shutting down the PC for the night. Getting late for this old man. PM me with info I need and I will get it done.

For geocaching, a 450 should completely blow your mind, compared to a TomTom. Best of luck with it!

Later!

I am sooo chomping at the bit waiting for it. It is on its way. Currently with the TomTom it takes a long time to find a cache because the search area is so large. Often the wife and I have given up and used a certain program that is on my rooted nook color that has sat images of where the caches are and that is how we found most of them after trying with the TomTom. LOL!

But I want to play the game right and use a GPS to find them. :)

I am sooo chomping at the bit waiting for it. It is on its way. Currently with the TomTom it takes a long time to find a cache because the search area is so large. Often the wife and I have given up and used a certain program that is on my rooted nook color that has sat images of where the caches are and that is how we found most of them after trying with the TomTom. LOL!

But I want to play the game right and use a GPS to find them. :)

Make sure that you visit the Garmin Oregon Wiki @ http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/ to find out everything about the 450. I absolutely love my 450, 300, 200, and Dakota 10 that I have used over the last few years.

-jeepdelfuego

IT'S HERE!!!

//looks around and whimpers

Wife is at work, parents gone on a trip, nearest son going to work soon. Got my Oregon and no way to go anywhere. (sigh)

Life is full of ups and downs. LOL!