Oregon 450

kentwoodkrew

How good is this unit for paperless geocaching? Can you see more than 5 logs? Hopw easy is it to read the screen? My eyes are not young anymore. hehe... Is the unit on its last legs? :)

It runs fine. As I said I am selling it because I got a montana. The screen is a big improvement over the 400 and is bigger and has a higher resolution than the new etrex models.

I am sooo chomping at the bit waiting for it. It is on its way. Currently with the TomTom it takes a long time to find a cache because the search area is so large. Often the wife and I have given up and used a certain program that is on my rooted nook color that has sat images of where the caches are and that is how we found most of them after trying with the TomTom. LOL!

But I want to play the game right and use a GPS to find them. :)

I am sooo chomping at the bit waiting for it. It is on its way. Currently with the TomTom it takes a long time to find a cache because the search area is so large. Often the wife and I have given up and used a certain program that is on my rooted nook color that has sat images of where the caches are and that is how we found most of them after trying with the TomTom. LOL!

But I want to play the game right and use a GPS to find them. :)

Make sure that you visit the Garmin Oregon Wiki @ http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/ to find out everything about the 450. I absolutely love my 450, 300, 200, and Dakota 10 that I have used over the last few years.

-jeepdelfuego