Geocaching.com & WAP ?

bxhome

AFAIK there used to be a basic WAP site but it no longer exists. I wrote my own WAP application for my private use so that I could do cache lookups on the road. I haven't added any error handling, so it is not available for public use. Quite honestly, WAP is painfully slow and I hardly ever need to use it anyway. I imagine such a project is low on the site priority list if it exists at all.

I have already seen Nokia midlet page when I was searching via google, but I have SonyEricsson, so this is not solution for me..

Probably, I will write some interface on my own.. Cachetype, Coordinates, Decoded hint, Search nearest or tag is enough for me icon_wink.gif

Tom

I've been having very good luck with SprintPCS and my Samsung A500 phone, bypassing WAP by using google (Menu 4 to get to the internet, then Menu 4 to bring up search). Be sure to select the 'internet' radio button before doing the search or you get no results as the default is to search the PCS web. I just type the waypoint ID into google and it brings up the cache description page. My typical use for this is when out in the field, I notice a nearby waypoint on my GPS, so I go look it up on the phone to decide if it's worth pursuing.