SUBMITTED (28167) - [BUG] Smilies timing out.

Dulce-Joy

I know you had this submitted in UserVoice as being on your list to fix (for ages now) but I just wanted to make sure that it didn't get forgotten as it is still a BIG hassle. If you remember, it had to do with when you are on the map for a little while the smilies turn into regular cache icons after moving around the map for a little while, as though it has forgotten you even though you are still logged in. When I say a little while, I mean something like 5 to 10 minutes. It didn't used to do that. It started just a short while before the Beta Maps came into play. It affects other things in the process as well, one example is that when the smilies time out you also lose the 'log your visit' 'send to gps' options on the bottom of the pop up bubbles. As I mentioned, there are other things that go hand in hand with those as well. Thank you. --Dulce-Joy

I used to have this issue too. It's one of the things that my Geocaching Map Enhancements Greasemonkey script works around. It gives you a refresh button that re-loads the map page, but keeps it focussed at the same location and zoom level as before. This means you get the smilies back without losing your place on the map.

Full details in this thread.

Edited URL.

Edited by jri