Virtual Multi Cache

mac7

I was wanting to know if anyone has any sugestions on doing a virtual mutli-cache. I visited a historical site and visited many bldgs. At those locations, I got the coordinates and some interesting information. I was wanting to place four locations with their coordinates with a question from each to make sure that it was visited and admired from the questions. Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. If walking, the four locations wouldn't be more than 1/2 mile to a mile walk. 2 of the locations can actually be driven right up to.

I have just worked one out using a micro cache with coordinates to the clues, clues from names and dates on the monuments within a City.You could do something like that.I just made up my own code for it.

Yes there was a cache at the end.I just wanted to clear that up.I did have to change it to multi.

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS *GEOTRYAGAIN* http://www.msnusers.com/MissouriTrails

[This message was edited by Trailblazer # 1 on March 24, 2003 at 06:51 PM.]

Here is one that I set up last summer. It is in the Gettysburg battlefield, which is run by the NPS (who forbid any placement of any items).

If setting up a multi, I suggest not making it go *too* long. Opinions will vary on the threshold; I think 3 or 4 are alright.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

quote:
What about gathering all of the information at the historical buildings and having it lead you to an actual cache?

Markwell hit it on the nose, that's exactly what we'll ask.

I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagited life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.

Byron

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

A Walk Down Millionaire's Row

It's a bit involved, but it basically involves walking up and down the historic downtown neighbourhood of the city I grew up in... icon_wink.gif

And if you give a decent explanation as to why it works best as a virt, I think the approvers will be okay icon_wink.gifwith it...

But admittedly, my multi-virt was approved icon_biggrin.gif before the most recent anti-virtual sentiment... icon_eek.gif

But if you can find an area nearby that might safely handle a physical cachetainer, then it might not be a bad idea to tag a physical to the end of the cache icon_rolleyes.gif...

(Personally, I'd rather the virtuals be virtuals icon_smile.gif, and the physicals be physicals icon_smile.gif, but they're still all geocaches icon_biggrin.gif and I'll go and find 'em icon_wink.gif...)

frog.gifDisclaimer: The above is the opinion of a sole individual, and does not represent anyone other than himself. So, just take a deep breath, and don't worry too much about it... frog.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Cache well, and see ya round the bend...

quote:
before the most recent anti-virtual sentiment

I really don't think there is an overall anti-virtual sentiment among volunteer admins.

My opinion is that we have so many statues, sculptures, cemetaries, courthouses, etc that the virtual cache category is just about full.

To me, virtuals should be VERY interesting. They should be something that I would take my folks to when they are in town.

I have 90 hides, and only 3 three virtuals. I've only come across 2 places that I thought were worthy of virtual status. Note that all 3 were posted before I was an admin (I archived one of my virtuals because I thought it was lame).

This virtual does something twice a year. I wasn't able to visit it recently when it performed its biannual magic, but there was quite a few cachers who were on hand to witness the event. Thank for the pics guys! I'll be there in the fall!

Okay, I'm done - bash me at will.

I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagited life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.

Byron

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by StevesFamily:

I just put out a muti-virtual http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=58842 with a traditional at the end (the only spot where I could hide something).

I don't know how well it will be received - no one has logged it yet!

I would have logged it if you had placed it one day sooner! I was caching down there a few weeks ago, and when I came home to log my finds, there was your new one! DOH! I missed a bunch, hopefully I'll get back there soon.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

How about a traditional multi-cache virtual, where you go to three altoids tins hidden in a park, then the final of those tins leads you to a monument, where you have to use information from the statue to find anouther cache container, which leads you to a building, then to anouther container, then to anouther building, then to anouther container, then to a historical foot bridge, and to take credit you have to give the number of planks in the bridge. And there's no logbook in any of the caches along the way. icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

How about a traditional multi-cache virtual, where you go to three altoids tins hidden in a park, then the final of those tins leads you to a monument, where you have to use information from the statue to find anouther cache container, which leads you to a building, then to anouther container, then to anouther building, then to anouther container, then to a historical foot bridge, and to take credit you have to give the number of planks in the bridge. And there's no logbook in any of the caches along the way. icon_rolleyes.gif

and then you have to eat/drink something really gross, like on "Fear Factor" icon_wink.gif

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

9key...

I didn't particularly think there was (since my multi-virtual went through the approval process quite smoothly), but from reading the forums, there seems to be segments that think that (As well as the segments that have serious issues with all sorts of other approver/approval issues)

In the end, I think it really shouldn't matter what type (traditional/multi/virt/locationless) the cache is, as long as it is well thought out, well planned, well placed, and well, fun...

So, apologies if my attempt at a bit of dry wit wasn't as clear, I think the approvers are doing a good job (especially with all the stuff that goes on)...

Keep up the good work; Cache well, and see you around the bend...

Cache well, and see ya round the bend...