That Time Of Year Again - Geocaching Holiday Gift Wishes

Headhardhat

Yeppers it's that time of year again. :santa:

People are already asking what does everyone want as a geocaching gift for the holidays. :santa:

So now I am asking you! If you wanted a geocaching gift this year waiting for you. What would you want? :santa:

Please give as much specifics in regards to brand and model. I will be totaling everything up by December 10th and posting it in time for shoppers to research. :santa:

Thanks again to everyone who participates in this. I have been doing this list for four years now and I can't tell you how many people (usually spouses) who appreciate your input. :santa:

Happy Holidays from HeadHardHat :santa:

I want that "Focus" t-shirt with the stickcacher about to walk off a cliff because he's watching his GPS screen.

Also (and sorry I don't have brand names, etc) I think it would be nice to get:

Some kind of multi-drawer storage system like the kind you keep hardware in (you can get them at Home Depot) so you can sort your swag.

An "over-the-back-of-the-seat" car organizer with pockets for the same purpose.

Rechargable batteries - do they make car chargers?

An extendable rod with a magnetic tip.

Good stocking stuffers would be a roll of log stickers, new gloves, dollar store emergency rain ponchos, hand santizer, CITO bags and latex gloves.

It would be cool to create an annual scrapbook of your geocaching adventures (although that might be a really HUGE undertaking for some eager cachers).

• 30 cal ammo cans - they're so hard to find, I only know of one store that sometimes carries them.
  • Authentic Lock and Locks (not the knock offs) - sandwich size or smaller
  • Gas card
  • CAA/AAA membership
  • The latest BlackBerry cell phone - Cachesense app keeps locking up my old BB.
  • Well-made wide-width hiking boots with good ankle support and good grip.
  • An annual park pass to local conservation areas.
  • A letterbox hybrid geocoin. I don't think they make these anymore. I would love to have one of my own.

Edited by Lone R

Hmm... Perhaps a new GPSr. I'm not sure which model, but anything with the following features should be fine:

• modern high-sensitivity receiver (pretty much a given for any new unit)
  • paperless caching (cache description in the field, and field notes for logging finds)
  • supports MacOS (both for easy transfer of pocket query and field note data, and for firmware updates)

If not that, then perhaps one of the 3-piece trackable walking sticks available from Groundspeak:

hiking-staffs_135_1.gif

That geocoin is amazing!!!

• 30 cal ammo cans - they're so hard to find, I only know of one store that sometimes carries them.
  • Authentic Lock and Locks (not the knock offs) - sandwich size or smaller
  • Gas card
  • CAA/AAA membership
  • The latest BlackBerry cell phone - Cachesense app keeps locking up my old BB.
  • Well-made wide-width hiking boots with good ankle support and good grip.
  • An annual park pass to local conservation areas.
  • A letterbox hybrid geocoin. I don't think they make these anymore. I would love to have one of my own.

I am intrequed by the idea of the GeoRing. Do you have a link?

I'd love the Montana to be on sale somewhere for $399, preferably REI.

As for other GeoStuff....

Extendable Illuminated Mirror

Extendable Magnet

Men's trackable GeoRing

Nice liquid filled compass

My own personalized GeoCoins

Time. Time away from my Honeydolist. Time to geocache.

You took my answer. I don't really need or want anything material. Put me on a plane to somewhere I've never been before with a return ticket 2-3 three days later and add hotel room and a rental car and I'd be happy.

Oooooo, yes this would be great. I'd like to have at least a week driving around the New England states.

The...

GEOMOBILE.

A 2.5 million dollar vehicle, built custom, from the ground up. Can off road, can float on water for those annoying paddle caches, and had that distinctive "jeep" feel. Heck, it can even fly the the propellers it has on the top.

The license plate is the tracking number for the overall vehicle, and had black tracking numbers along with the travel bug sign, for each light on the car, each light has it's unique number. Each light has a unique icon, along with the vehicle.

Inside is a 50K custom built subwoofer, from William Crutchfield himself. Along with 20 surround sound speakers. On top of the car is a loudspeaker, which calls out "Coldgears in geocaching in this vacinity" every 15 minutes, this can be toggled, or the time changed customly.

On the back of the vehicle is a projector built into the casing, which projects a 2 X 2 foot image of geocaching on the ground behind the vehicle. This can be turned off if neccessary in the state you live in.

Underneath the back window is a 30 inch HDTV, which is waterproof like those electronic billboard. It is attached to a wifi finder, and shows the current stats, and most recent finds of Coldgears, as soon as you get close enough to an unecrypted WIFI it updates.

The front of the vehicle is shaped like signal the frog, with the two headlights behind his eyes, and his mouth of the grill. The back is just regular jeep.

Inside the car is a GPS itself, and the nearest 100,000 caches from my home. This updates every day, to keep it as current as possible. This is done by downloading the GPX file through wifi, to the a computer which is built entirely just to handle gpx files. Whenever you get within a certain distance of a cache, lets say, .3 miles, it will notify you, and say something like, "There is a cache .3 miles northeast of here." You'll never drive by one again!

Santa's workshop is going to be extra busy with these on the production line!

Happy Holidays! I am lucky enough to have several ammo cans, fully stocked. First person to email me on my GC account and include thier snail mail will be shipped a 30 cal ammo. I just ask that if you can help out another cacher with a holiday wish, you would do so.

A couple years ago, I paid for a premium membership for a struggling college student for Xmas. (err...holidays)

It's better to give than receive.

I would like some geocaching earrings. Do they not make these? Haven't seen them anywhere.
Well, a search for "geocache earrings" found some designs online. So did "film canister earring", although most of them used the metal canisters that held the film, rather than the plastic snap-top canisters that held the metal canisters. And "camouflage earrings" turned up a number of designs too.

Yeppers it's that time of year again. :santa:

People are already asking what does everyone want as a geocaching gift for the holidays. :santa:

So now I am asking you! If you wanted a geocaching gift this year waiting for you. What would you want? :santa:

Please give as much specifics in regards to brand and model. I will be totaling everything up by December 10th and posting it in time for shoppers to research. :santa:

Thanks again to everyone who participates in this. I have been doing this list for four years now and I can't tell you how many people (usually spouses) who appreciate your input. :santa:

Happy Holidays from HeadHardHat :santa:

Santa to put more elves on the "ammo box line"

I don't really expect this but it is a wish. Petzl Ultra Belt Headlamp. 350 Lumens. Wow.

Sweet Jesus...the battery alone for that bad boy is as much as en entry level GPSr!

I asked the salesperson at EMS what you would use this for. Her suggestions were if you were out geocaching at night and decided to spontaneously film a movie. Or if both your headlights went out on your car you could duct tape this to your bumper. :)

Thanks so much for all the responses. I will be keeping this up for a few more weeks before posting.

The poll on my blog: is currently showing the highest need for a new GPS and for the first time geocachers would like handy tools ie. letherman, golfball grabber, olive grabber, headlamp, etc.

How about you?

-HHH

The Galaxy Nexus (I REALLY need a phone upgrade)

Ammo Cans

Mighty Megas from GxProxy

One of the Geocaching Rings with a purple stone

The 3 piece walking stick from Brazos Walking Stick (I live on another section of the Brazos River)

A dedicated GPS with really good maps

More OCUS caches to find

Enough cache (ahem...cash) in the bank to cover all costs associated with travelling to a Mega event or two

I already have a great GPS (Oregon 55) and love it.

Other than an American citizenship so I can get cheap deals on lock n locks, I would like some geocaching earrings. Do they not make these? Haven't seen them anywhere.

We were at an event when I saw a lady wearing bison tubes for earrings. She also had a necklace and bracelet to match. I'm sure you could make a pair or two.

The...

GEOMOBILE.

A 2.5 million dollar vehicle, built custom, from the ground up. Can off road, can float on water for those annoying paddle caches, and had that distinctive "jeep" feel. Heck, it can even fly the the propellers it has on the top.

The license plate is the tracking number for the overall vehicle, and had black tracking numbers along with the travel bug sign, for each light on the car, each light has it's unique number. Each light has a unique icon, along with the vehicle.

Inside is a 50K custom built subwoofer, from William Crutchfield himself. Along with 20 surround sound speakers. On top of the car is a loudspeaker, which calls out "Coldgears in geocaching in this vacinity" every 15 minutes, this can be toggled, or the time changed customly.

On the back of the vehicle is a projector built into the casing, which projects a 2 X 2 foot image of geocaching on the ground behind the vehicle. This can be turned off if neccessary in the state you live in.

Underneath the back window is a 30 inch HDTV, which is waterproof like those electronic billboard. It is attached to a wifi finder, and shows the current stats, and most recent finds of Coldgears, as soon as you get close enough to an unecrypted WIFI it updates.

The front of the vehicle is shaped like signal the frog, with the two headlights behind his eyes, and his mouth of the grill. The back is just regular jeep.

Inside the car is a GPS itself, and the nearest 100,000 caches from my home. This updates every day, to keep it as current as possible. This is done by downloading the GPX file through wifi, to the a computer which is built entirely just to handle gpx files. Whenever you get within a certain distance of a cache, lets say, .3 miles, it will notify you, and say something like, "There is a cache .3 miles northeast of here." You'll never drive by one again!

Santa's workshop is going to be extra busy with these on the production line!

A 2.5 million vehicle and you only put a 30 inch tv????? :surprise:

Well I'll jump on this bandwagon....I'm still a fairly new cacher with only about 2 months and 30 caches under my belt. I actually did make a small list for my family if they wanted to get me some inexpensive things. Here's a few of the things I asked for. Travel Bug Dog Tags, Hiking stick, Snowshoes (for the upcoming winter caching experience), Lock & Lock containers, Geocoins. The one thing I'd really like to replace my Etrex H with is a new Garmin Etrex 20....that might have to wait till tax returns though.

My DD really wants to go to the Westcan Mega in July.

For me I love caching on my iPhone, but I do need a gps to place caches.

A Sweden geocoin, they went live recently but the people never got back to me.

An abacas geocoin being an accountant and all. Lol

I would really like a mentor for puzzle caches.

I saw marble earth earrings that were trackable.

Dear Santa,

Thanks for everything!

I'm getting a new to me Oregon 550t. (Thanks to one of my geocaching brothers!!)

I'm getting 4 travel bugs. (Purchased for myself... :)

My wish list:

--Have my DH take an interest in geocaching (Can any of you make that gift happen?? lol!)

(He thinks you can't/don't get exercise while caching.....if he'd ever agree to go with me, I'd be sure to

find a good, long hiking cache or two to search for...teeheehee!)

--Some nice, big cache containers to hold lots of lucky items (sticking with my "want

to get lucky theme" of my 2 hidden caches)

Happy Thanksgiving!

bonblu

Edited by bonblu