[FEATURE] Additional API Filtering Options

Dr. House

Hi Folks!

A feature suggestion in the GSAK forums (Link) was pointed in this direction to suggest as an idea for a future implementation.

Realizing that these things may take time to implement, I'd have to agree that I'd really like to see additional filters made available to GSAK. Specifically, I'd like to see filters by country and state/province be made available to the application developers to include in their software.

As it stands currently, I'd really like to be able to call to the API through GSAK asking for only caches in Country=Canada and State/Province=Ontario. Though I live very close to the International Border with USA, I don't often cache there, and thus, don't want to use any of my 6000 cache limit on caches outside of Ontario, Canada.

Any chance of seeing this option anytime soon?

Edited by Dr. House

Is there some discussion behind the scenes going on regarding this feature request to determine whether to submit or deny it? I note that many other requests have received some sort of statement one way or another, but this one hasn't received one yet.

I'm OK either way, but feel that many others would benefit from being able to specify additional filters when fetching from the API. As it stands currently, I choose not to use it since it takes too much fumbling around to try to get caches only in my province without missing some or filtering out those in a neighbouring state after the download.

Is there some discussion behind the scenes going on regarding this feature request to determine whether to submit or deny it? I note that many other requests have received some sort of statement one way or another, but this one hasn't received one yet.

Please see the pinned topic at the top of this board concerning how we address posted topics. We try to address bugs immediately, but a lot of factors go into when or if we can address a feature request. Most of the ones you have already seen addressed have been because the stories already exist in our database.

Please see the pinned topic at the top of this board concerning how we address posted topics. We try to address bugs immediately, but a lot of factors go into when or if we can address a feature request. Most of the ones you have already seen addressed have been because the stories already exist in our database.

Appreciate that Jon. I did read the sticky prior to posting the original post. I also wanted to ensure that this feature request got sufficient time to percolate amongst the group as a "front page" item.