11.11.11 Achievements

molma

Since thsi date is really a one life Date with all 1's, i wanted to know if there are some special plans/events that you have to celebrate this.

As for me, i Try to get my 111 find together with a friend, who will get with the same find his 1111 Cache. And all that on 11.11.11. Gonna post a picture later on

I was hoping to try and find 11 caches today with another person, but they had to work so I could only make it to one cache near my home.

Since I also couldn't get to any 11-11-11 events I decided to go to the cache for 11:11am and released on of my 11-11-11 Suncatcher geocoins there.

1a.jpg1b.jpg

At 11am I was at our Remembrance Day Service at the local Memorial, observing the silence. I then, with many others, laid my poppy on the Memorial. One year we went to the local Veterans Cemetery, and laid our poppies on the graves that had none. I was lucky - if my Dad hadn't come home safely from the war, I wouldn't be here. Both my uncles returned safely too. In WW1, my great-aunt and great uncle had just married, and were on honeymoon. On day 3 he was recalled to his regiment..........was later declared MIA, believed killed.

The weather here today was not conducive to caching - rain was bucketing down and we had high winds. Kind of matched my mood...

Edited by popokiiti

Since thsi date is really a one life Date with all 1's, i wanted to know if there are some special plans/events that you have to celebrate this.

As for me, i Try to get my 111 find together with a friend, who will get with the same find his 1111 Cache. And all that on 11.11.11. Gonna post a picture later on

Hey I had the same idea and I got it! 111 finds on 11/11/11!! But I only could make it with the help of my Caching-Friends =)

Unfortunately there was no souvenir...

We we tried for 111 caches but only succeeded with 64 which I am very proud of. We hit 4 event caches including a breakfast, 2 separate gatherings under the Peace Bell in KY and a dinner. I also got to do my first Wherigo cache. We did a Veterans multi cache which involved finding the graves of eight veterans from 8 different wars. We also visited the Matt Maupin cache to pay our respects. It was a great day to celebrate the freedoms we have because of the men and women who have served our country. Thank you to all of them.

Yes, we should get a souvenir. IF they made one last year they should have made one for this year.

... and all the years before from 01 onwards? No - it was remembrance day. Although I am a German I do value the sacrifices the Soldiers made in my new home country (Australia). They did defend the values now modern western countries do stand for - incl. Germany.

Let's not water down the importance of this day with "yet another souvenir".

Three active duty Air Force geocachers set out on a goal to find 111 caches in honor of veterans day 11/11/11. We had to drive two hours away to get to a cache dense area. and we were successful! We wanted to find the 111th at 1111pm, didnt work out we were done at 10pm. We enjoyed a free lunch thanks to Chili's and although worn out and tired we had a great time! Logs signed as AFVets.

By chance I visited one cache on November 11 2011, but without even having been aware before signing the logbook that it was on November 11. I just happened to be close to the final on that day.

For me the date 11/11/11 is nothing special at all. I do not care about numbers in geocaching. Furthermore, neither veteran's day nor the beginning of the carneval period (which takes place each year at 11:11 at November 11) mean anything to me. Had I spent the day in New York, I would have liked however to enccounter Joan Baez.

In Vienna some crazy geocaching events took place associated with November 11, but fortunately none took place in my area.

Cezanne

Went to a flash mob event at 11:11a.m. on 11th st and 11th ave. After that I headed to the mountain to take wounded warriors 4 wheeling for the weekend. We had 27 Wounded Warroirs and their famlies and about 150 Jeeps hitting the trails this weekend. Great times.

THAT is what the day was all about. I am sure they all really appreciated it! Great job! :)

Went to a flash mob event at 11:11a.m. on 11th st and 11th ave. After that I headed to the mountain to take wounded warriors 4 wheeling for the weekend. We had 27 Wounded Warroirs and their famlies and about 150 Jeeps hitting the trails this weekend. Great times.

THAT is what the day was all about.

In some parts of the world, yes, but not in general.

These pictures belong to a crazy 11/11/11 event cache in Vienna

https://picasaweb.google.com/juekru/GC111111111111A11

and might give an impression of how different November 11 can be experienced.

Cezanne