How long between hiding and finding.

TheJester

I'm new to the game and enjoying it thoroughly. I've had a couple of of finds, but so far, I'm drawn more to the hiding aspect of the sport. I've carefully considered each of the locations of my caches and hidden them well. But not so well that they can't be found. It's only been a week or 2, but I've had no responses yet. From what I've seen on the sight the visits can be quite sporadic. I am located in an area where there aren't alot of other caches. It does seem that other new caches seem to get a quicker response. Any thoughts? icon_confused.gif

It just depends on the cache. I've had caches found within days of being placed and then some a few weeks.

Depends on what the other cachers are doing at the time, which direction they are going, how out of the way the cache is, and on and on.

I wouldn't worry about it. Someone will come along and find it eventually.

CR

72057_2000.gif

If there are very few caches in your area, you could try hiding two in close proximity to one another (say half a mile or so). Since you said that you live an an area sparsely populated with caches, maybe people would be attracted to two very close ones. I have seen many large parks that have an 'easy' cache near a parking lot and a 'hard' cache that is a bit farther back in the woods.

Yeah, finds do tend to be sporadic. I have one virtual that had no finds for a couple weeks but has had 3 so far this week. This is normal behavior...

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.

-DavidMac; (formerly Someonenameddave)