What a great caching day yesterday!

snowfreak37

I know a great caching day means different things to different people but hopefully you can appreciate this story. Let's start out with my location which is in extreme northern NY. Typically that equates into a dreary cloudy rainy/snowy day this time of the year. How about upper 60's with the sun shining. We had a pretty good mix of p&g's,ammox boxes, and some enjoyable hikes too. What really made the day was finding an archived cache and a TB within that cache that had been missing for the last 6 years. We stopped by this cache. After finding it I mentioned to my buddy that there used to be an ammox box TB Hotel within 500 feet of this cache. I told him the c/o had archived it after not being able to find it. I thought what the heck we are right here it can't do any harm to take a peek. It took all of about a minute to find this ammo box. The cache was empty except for the log book and one TB. We grabbed the cache, cache owner has been notified, and the TB. My buddy looks up the info on the TB and finds out the last log was in 2005. To be quite frank I thought he was pulling my leg. I mean what are the chances of finding an archived cache and a 6 year missing TB. I guess pretty good!! The good news is that the TB owner is still active. These two finds really turned an already awesome day of caching into an extraordinary one. Did I mention how nice it was yesterday? :D

That's really great.

Not a record for time missing/reappearing, but impressive nonetheless.

Good job!

Was the TB hotel actually archived? If so, it seems as though you earned yourself a good ammo can for your efforts.

EDIT: One day, I will learn to proof-read BEFORE hitting [Enter]

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

That's really great.

Not a record for time missing/reappearing, but impression nonetheless.

Good job!

Was the TB hotel actually archived? If so, it seems as though you earned yourself a good ammo can for your efforts.

Yes the TB Hotel was archived over a year ago. I sent the c/o an email letting him know I have the ammox can and asked how I can get it back to him. I just thought it was neat to find a TB that had been missing for that long in an archived cache.