Largest Geocoin

firennice

What was the largest size coins made? I am not talking about taking a code and slapping it on an anchor, manhole, or other object I am wondering what the largest size that was actually made as a group.

I would guess with codes sold as a minumum of 50 that it would be at least a series of 50. And the entire series, not just one that is "blown up" out of a group.

Thoughts?

I think you're right. I haven't seen one larger. It's a biggun.

The Biggun

MrsB

]http://img.geocaching.com/track/display/8bb87d33-17ed-4922-b168-b7c00c7bd57d.jpg]

Whoa, that Biggun's a biggun! But can it really be called a coin? It's a flipping platter or at least an LP - anyone remember those? Will it even fit in most ammo cans? Oh wait.... Elli brings up a good point on conversions and proper scale.

And I thought this one was big and it's barely 3.5" or 87mm....

Geocoin-0591.jpg

Edited by Droo

Considering you're from Wales allow me the question: Is it inch or centimeter your messure tape is showing?

My Generic Mega Geocoin is 12,5 cm and is the largest coin I have in my collection;

Biggestcoin.jpg

Thank you for the comparing picture! :grin:

Well, 12,5cm is really quite a handfull...

Also, while the planisphere might be an ornate coin, the mega generic is by all means a proper coin and minted in quite some numbers and also a few different metals.

So I guess, this makes it the winner, even if 'Der Dicke' is the largest geocoin... :laughing:

Considering you're from Wales allow me the question: Is it inch or centimeter your messure tape is showing?

My Generic Mega Geocoin is 12,5 cm and is the largest coin I have in my collection;

Biggestcoin.jpg

Thank you for the comparing picture! :grin:

Well, 12,5cm is really quite a handfull...

Also, while the planisphere might be an ornate coin, the mega generic is by all means a proper coin and minted in quite some numbers and also a few different metals.

So I guess, this makes it the winner, even if 'Der Dicke' is the largest geocoin... :laughing:

a nice little trackable, but I think TB21PAH (RV There Yet,) might have it beat

ILYK

:lol: the Der Dicke is an anchor... so it is not a geocoin but just a trackable...and took the number from a way smaller anchor coin right? I think I read that somewhere....

If I buy a jeep geocoin and put the traching number on my jeep... (I do not have one but...) will my jeep becomes a geocoin? Nope! ;)

:lol: the Der Dicke is an anchor... so it is not a geocoin but just a trackable...and took the number from a way smaller anchor coin right? I think I read that somewhere....

You might have read about it here...

Of cause you can stick a TB Sticker on your car and it will become trackable. My T5 VW Bus has got the code of a Swag Bus Geocoin, so if you discover my modern day VW Bus, you'll get the icon of an vintage VW.

But this does not make my bus a geocoin.

Der Dicke is a larger edition of an event coin. But as it is a XXLE 1, it's not one of the here looked for coins, as it's not produced in large numbers.

What was the largest size coins made? I am not talking about taking a code and slapping it on an anchor, manhole, or other object I am wondering what the largest size that was actually made as a group.

I would guess with codes sold as a minumum of 50 that it would be at least a series of 50. And the entire series, not just one that is "blown up" out of a group.

Thoughts?

After seeing these responses, I know that the one I was thinking of isn't the biggest, but the biggest that was in my collection (and is now out and about in geocaches) was the Oshndoc South Pole coin.

a0752799-43d1-4068-b314-af004e2a2c01.jpg

How big is it? there is no reference to size?

I got one of those on ebay the other day and the listing said it was 2 inches - so not as big as the others that have been mentioned.

The biggest ones I own are the Rainbow Bridge coin (think 2.5in) and a Mapamundi XXL.

Edited by CW88