cheap source for match containers?

The_Incredibles_

From my experience with my own caches, once the O-ring on these matchstick containers and the Lee Valley bison tubes fail, you no longer have a waterproof container. I began replacing the LV bison tubes with match stick containers and much to my chagrin have found that I need to replace them as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.

From my experience with my own caches, once the O-ring on these matchstick containers and the Lee Valley bison tubes fail, you no longer have a waterproof container. I began replacing the LV bison tubes with match stick containers and much to my chagrin have found that I need to replace them as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.

we have quite a few of this kind out there and none have failed

wpmatchcont.jpg

A good waterproof micro container that has made its way north of the border is the 'soda tube' cache. These are pop bottles before they're expanded. They are smooth enough for a cache ID sticker and long enough to hold a geo-stick/pencil, which the match containers aren't. They also don't require an o-ring.

fad793c9-44b8-496a-b16e-77af1c65dd71.jpg?rnd=0.9896159

A good waterproof micro container that has made its way north of the border is the 'soda tube' cache. These are pop bottles before they're expanded. They are smooth enough for a cache ID sticker and long enough to hold a geo-stick/pencil, which the match containers aren't. They also don't require an o-ring.

fad793c9-44b8-496a-b16e-77af1c65dd71.jpg?rnd=0.9896159

I've had one of these in play for almost 2 years now and the log has been dry since day 1. I was at a water bottling plant and they gave me a couple as samples. I might go back and offer to purchase a bulk order and see what they say...

In our part of Canada (Toronto, Ontario) we had a new outdoor equipment chain store open called SAIL. Found the match stick containers there for $.98

SAIL has a store just east and north of the GTA but I'm sure there elsewhare in Canada too

http://www.sail.ca/en/our-stores/

GPS coords listed for each location.

Quebec: Beloeil, Brossard, Laval, Quebec

Ontario: Oshawa, Ottawa, Vaughan