Flood of Notifications

Gan Dalf

Something strange is going on. I just got about 20 notifications for caches that have been publishd for months or longer. All of them are being published by Moun10Bike. for some of them the names of the caches on the notifications are different than what the cache title that it is linked to. In one case, the actual cache was in Germany even though my notifications are in Washington State.

Not sure if this is a local problem or if it is happening everywhere. Hoepfully they will stop coming in... Just wanted to make sure someone was aware. If this is more appropriate for the Northwest, go ahead and move it to the regional forum.

I haven't received any so I would guess there is something weird going on with your ISP.

None of my notifcations go to my personal e-mail account, they are text messages that come to my phone. I also recieved a notification at my work e-mail (i have one of them set up that way) and my work e-mail is completely seperate from my phone and personal e-mail address...

This was a testing bug that's been fixed.

So does this mean cellphone people aren't getting preferential treatment anymore.

I find it annoying to click on a notify i just got only to find someone with a smartphone got the notify 2 hours before my plain ole email on a computer got it and theres already a ftf log 1hr 45 min BEFORE i got it.

this isnt just one hider with friends, this has been going on for WEEKS!

So does this mean cellphone people aren't getting preferential treatment anymore.

The speed at which notifications are delivered is all on your end. Groundspeak sends 'em out en masse. There isn't one set of notifications to some addresses, and then a different notification sent out later to others.

And this has nothing at all to do with a testing bug.

I find it annoying to click on a notify i just got only to find someone with a smartphone got the notify 2 hours before my plain ole email on a computer got it and theres already a ftf log 1hr 45 min BEFORE i got it.

this isnt just one hider with friends, this has been going on for WEEKS!

I have notifications sent to both my smartphone and my home PC. A few minutes ago, a new cache was published. My home PC received the notification at least ten minutes before my cell phone received the same message. More often than not, my cell phone and home PC receive the notification within five or ten minutes of each other, and sometimes the home PC wins, sometimes the phone wins.

I'm thinking you need to work with your PC e-mail provider and/or ISP.

--Larry