Geocaching.com site update 11/08/11

I have a simple question so hopefully someone will be able to answer it right away. I've read through a good bit of the site update thread and I'm still no tclear on the Coordinate Update issue. OK, here's my question:

If I solve a puzzle and then update the coords on Geocaching.com using the new feature, will those updated coords come across with a PQ? ex:

I have a bookmark list that contains all of the puzzles that I have solved but not yet found. I want to run a PQ of that list and then load it into GSAK using th eapi tool. Will the corrected coords come with the PQ when I run it or do I have to update the coords manually in GSAK?

Thanks

I have a simple question so hopefully someone will be able to answer it right away. I've read through a good bit of the site update thread and I'm still no tclear on the Coordinate Update issue. OK, here's my question:

If I solve a puzzle and then update the coords on Geocaching.com using the new feature, will those updated coords come across with a PQ? ex:

I have a bookmark list that contains all of the puzzles that I have solved but not yet found. I want to run a PQ of that list and then load it into GSAK using th eapi tool. Will the corrected coords come with the PQ when I run it or do I have to update the coords manually in GSAK?

Thanks

In short: not yet, but soon. See my post here.

Read the last update's Release Notes

Update Mystery and Multi-cache Coordinates

In this release we make it possible for Basic and Premium Members to add "corrected" coordinates to Mystery and Multi-caches. Visit the cache page and click the pencil icon next to coordinates, paste your new coordinates in the field and submit. That's it! The new coordinates will be hidden from others so there is no reason to fear spoiling the final location. When you download the GPX from the cache your new coordinates are included. (Please note: Pocket Queries will include only the original cache coordinates for now, however that functionality will be added in a followup release).

N9cJa.png

Release Notes

• Added a feature to correct Multi and Mystery cache coordinates for personal use (note: Coordinates are fixed in individual GPX downloads however Pocket Query functionality will follow in another release)

• Added the ability for cache owners to delete spoiler log images without also deleting the log text

• Added GSAK, Sachsencacher.de, GeoGet and Cachebox to list of partner applications on geocaching.com/live

• When a geocache is created or edited we now associate (behind the scenes) a Yahoo GeoPlanet WOEID to the cache allowing us to tap into 6 million named places globally. This provides opportunities to expose the data in creative and helpful ways

• Separated out Challenge stats to a new profile tab and added the ability to view a user's Challenges completed and created, as well as your own accepted

• Avatars are now resized to 48 x 48, down from 75 x 75

• Added Romanian to the list of Geocaching.com supported languages

• Added new French translation of the Intro to Geocaching presentation at geocaching.com/tools/intro.aspx

• Updated site-down notice with Facebook link and “hamster” video

• When viewing a bookmark list you own it is now possible to see which caches in the list you have already found

• Transitioning away from User Voice and back to IPB forums for support inquiries and feedback

• Fixed map bug which caused the map not to update a Pocket Query properly when making changes to the PQ

• Fixed map bug which caused the mouse pointer to identify filtered caches by name even when the icon is hidden

• Fixed display of updated coordinates log in print-friendly version of cache pages to actually include the new coordinates

• Updated text for Discovering a trackable on the Travel Bug tutorial page

• Added clarification to Terms of Use, Section 3 (language now allows for under-18 usage of the website with parent or guardian supervision)

• Fixed the CITO gallery to include a log link when viewing an image

• Fixed link on /about/history.aspx page to updated noaa.gov description of Selective Availability

• Added new teaser video for "Discover" challenge type on types page

• Fixed display issue on Trackables pages when the title is especially long

KD0cp.png Geocaching Live API Beta

The beta launch of the Geocaching Live API continues! This time we're pleased to announce four new partners:

V2XNE.png Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (Coming Soon)

This application will scheduled to launch with Live support tomorrow. GSAK is the all-in-one Geocaching and waypoint management tool. Features include: Groundspeak API support, multiple databases, sending/receiving waypoints to GPSr, Google maps, conversion to many mapping formats, PDA output (including CacheMate support), HTML output, extensive searching, macro support, and much more. GSAK runs on Windows operating systems (2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7).

EiESv.png GeoGet

A complete geocaching solution for Windows. Import Pocket Queries, solve mystery caches, add notes, plan trips, and export information to the GPS or browse your database in your PDA.

ZOCL3.jpg CacheBox

Cachebox is a paperless mobile geocaching software for Android with offline database support and Geocaching.com Live API capability. Manage and find mystery caches with intelligent handling of Final Waypoints and the Mystery-Solver module. Features include multi-database support, image and spoiler view, Field Notes upload, track recording and viewing. Cachebox is a free open-source application.

5z3m6.png Sachsencacher.de

Sachsencacher.de is a website providing statistical evaluation of geocache quality in Saxony (Germany) by examining log content.

I love the new add coords feature on the puzzle caches BUT I need some help. We in the UK use Northings and Westings. When I try to enter my coords in the format it adds the Wests as Eastings which ain't much use for us. How can I solve this, is it possible? Am I just being a durrbrain?

I love the new add coords feature on the puzzle caches BUT I need some help. We in the UK use Northings and Westings. When I try to enter my coords in the format it adds the Wests as Eastings which ain't much use for us. How can I solve this, is it possible? Am I just being a durrbrain?
This is a known bug. Basically, if the coordinates have zero degrees, then the coordinates are assumed to be positive (north, east), even if there are non-zero minutes. Here's the thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=285017

This is a known bug. Basically, if the coordinates have zero degrees, then the coordinates are assumed to be positive (north, east), even if there are non-zero minutes. Here's the thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=285017

Thank you! Solved...hopefully