briansnat

Yesterday I noticed I had a different avatar. At first I freaked out because I thought someone had hacked my account then I realized that everyone in the thread had someone else's avatar. Every time I hit refresh the avatars would switch. Then it stopped as quickly as it started.

This morning I noticed the same thing. LSUfan had Harry Dolphin's avatar, Mr Yuck has AZcachmeister's avatar, I had Knowchat's avatar. It was like this for about a minute and now it's back to normal.

Anybody else notice this or do I need to adjust my meds and lay off the Bushmills?

Yesterday I noticed I had a different avatar. At first I freaked out because I thought someone had hacked my account then I realized that everyone in the thread had someone else's avatar. Every time I hit refresh the avatars would switch. Then it stopped as quickly as it started.

This morning I noticed the same thing. LSUfan had Harry Dolphin's avatar, Mr Yuck has AZcachmeister's avatar, I had Knowchat's avatar. It was like this for about a minute and now it's back to normal.

Anybody else notice this or do I need to adjust my meds and lay off the Bushmills?

I have had this same issue....... my avatar showing on someone else's account.......

It looked really good on you. You should wear it more often.

I think it's a failed attempt to put a shirt on Team Cotati's avatar.

I noticed it when Mrs. Blorenges posted about it, but have not seen any issues with my own avatar landing on someone else, or me having someone else's avatar. Yet.... But yes, I noticed it, because Mrs. B said something. Otherwise, it probably would have gone over my head, until it happened to me. I am used to people changing their avatars, it usually ends up in their personal coin image becoming their permanent avatar image :D

It looked really good on you. You should wear it more often.

I think it's a failed attempt to put a shirt on Team Cotati's avatar.

But there is a greasemonkey for that.

It happens often on my wife's computer (XP) but it has never happened on mine (Vista) Amusing at times, annoying other times, we were wondering if the operating system had anything to do with it.

I run Vista and it's been doing it for a long time now, while I always seem to have mine others do as well, and on others they swotch with posters otherr than me. I can no longer look at the Avatsrr and tell who made the post, rather annoying.

I haven't actually seen this myself, but I did notice a feedback thread about it.

I just wonder...if Mr. YUCK had my avatar, whose avatar did I have? Did we perhaps share the same avatar for a time? Did I get his? Was I wandering around completely avatarless?? :o

I didn't notice the scrambling, but yesterday I noticed that the top of our avatar was cut off. I guess I'll know when I post this reply if it's still that way today. :laughing:

Mrs. Car54

They're all like that...if you look closely.

The avatar 're-sizing' routine is not working so well. :(

I received an odd email this morning regarding this avatar bug:

I'm ***** living in *** ******* and a Premium Member of geocaching.com for years.

My Nickname in geocaching is ******.

My avatar is and has allways been an image of a golf-ball.

Some time ago I noticed you were using the same image or at least looked like a very similar one.

About a week ago I changed my avatar and added my nickname to the image.

To my surprise your avatar is now showing this new image!!!

Please stop using my avatar-image as your avatar..

Kind Regards,

****** ****** AKA ******

:lol:

For anybody that has been affected by this problem, I have entered a bug report: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=286687 If this is or has been a problem for you, please add any information you can to that thread, even if it is just a "Me too!" (your browser and OS, at least, may be helpful to figuring out why this is happening)

Thanks

you're a nickel now. no longer a dog with glasses.

For anybody that has been affected by this problem, I have entered a bug report: http://forums.Ground...howtopic=286687 If this is or has been a problem for you, please add any information you can to that thread, even if it is just a "Me too!" (your browser and OS, at least, may be helpful to figuring out why this is happening)

Thanks

you're a nickel now. no longer a dog with glasses.

The nickle is actually my avatar de jour. You are back to a crazy fox instead of a fox.

I thought it was mean't to be a breast bust??

Actually I noticed GOF's was on someone else yesterday, I just thought it was all part of the funyou guys have, can't remember who but it was the poster before him although he still had his which was why I noticed.

I don't recall if GOF changed his yesterday, or not. I don't think so. I've put mine back to the dog though, so I don't cause confusion while this issue is being looked into (at least, I hope it is being looked into)

I often find my avatar where it doesn't belong. Sometimes on other peoples logs and sometimes in the cache page graphics. I't's not terribly bothersome except for the fact that something is going wrong so who knows what else it might affect. It shows up blurry too which makes it look really odd.

I often find my avatar where it doesn't belong. Sometimes on other peoples logs and sometimes in the cache page graphics. I't's not terribly bothersome except for the fact that something is going wrong so who knows what else it might affect. It shows up blurry too which makes it look really odd.

Please report it where it will do some good: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=286687

(that is about the mixed up avatars, not the blurry/pixellated avatars... that's a different issue)