Garmin Montana 600 display

I went to REI to check out the Montana 600 and I have to say that I was not impressed at all with the display. It was much dimmer than the Oregon 550 sitting next to it on the display. Here is a picture of the two side by side. Is this as bright as the display will get? Neither myself nor the REI girl could find a setting for display brightness.

Thanks!

2011-11-07_20-04-30_820.jpg

I went to REI to check out the Montana 600 and I have to say that I was not impressed at all with the display. It was much dimmer than the Oregon 550 sitting next to it on the display. Here is a picture of the two side by side. Is this as bright as the display will get? Neither myself nor the REI girl could find a setting for display brightness.

Thanks!

2011-11-07_20-04-30_820.jpg

It must have been turned down - the one I've seen at REI with the Oregon was significantly brighter than the Dakota's or the Oregons. To adjust brightness - you do a quick click of the power button and that brings up the brightness settings. I'm leaning toward the Montanna as I just got a Dakota 10 (which is a similar screen to the Oregon) and I hate the Dakota 10 screen - impossible to read unless you actually have the full sun pointing right on it...walk into some shade and it' terrible IMO.... Considering the Montanna or the 62....

I never said I was rating it. My initial impression was that I was not impressed and was asking here for any opinions or owners' assistance.

And I'm the customer. The salesperson should have known how to operate it or been willing to take the time to find out. I figured there had to be a way to adjust the brightness that wasn't obvious. That's why I was asking here!

Edited by Clayshooter