What is up with the Montana 650T?

zeus661

The end of October I ordered a Montana 650T from on online store (a well known store). Shipping was scheduled before November 5th. Then they changed the shipping to approximately November 25th. Anyone know why the Montana 650T is so hard to get? Any quality issues? What is Garmins holdup?

The end of October I ordered a Montana 650T from on online store (a well known store). Shipping was scheduled before November 5th. Then they changed the shipping to approximately November 25th. Anyone know why the Montana 650T is so hard to get? Any quality issues? What is Garmins holdup?

no idea what the problem is there, but every single store i looked at around here has it in stock

has nothing to do with Garmin its the store you bought it from

respectable stores will always have one or two in stock as opposed to waiting for an order before getting it from Garmin

no idea what the problem is there, but every single store i looked at around here has it in stock

respectable stores will always have one or two in stock as opposed to waiting for an order before getting it from Garmin

GPSCity.com is where I ordered it.

GPSCity.com is where I ordered it.

Availability:

Ships by Wednesday, November 9, 2011.

give them a call and ask what is going on

After you call GPSCITY to find out what's going on could you post the response here please?

I have a friend that ordered one directly from Garmin over a month ago now and Garmin finally shipped it today. They (Garmin) said it was backordered. Perhaps Garmin is trying to cut costs by reducing inventory, only placing orders from the factory as the demand arises. The DELL approach.