Coming Back

LthrWrk

Coming back into the 'game'. Things certainly have changed since I kinda bowed out for a bit. I never had an unpleasant experience with geocaching. So time to get back upto speed. Are there any events being planned to meet n greet with local cachers near Mount Vernon?

Hoping to get some face to face discussion about the latest things.

I have a Magellan Meridian Gold, still works but I no longer have a serial port on laptop to connect the thing. Manual entry of course still works.

Have a Samsung smart phone, Android, so curious how many of these app's are worth using. I do notice that reviews for most of them seem pretty wonky. 5 stars from some and 1 star from others for the same app.

So if you would like to get together, have a cuppa something and chat for awhile, maybe even go find a cache. Send me a message. I have plenty of available time.

Charles

Mt Vernon

Welcome back! Long time no see! I do have an HOTM planned for the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and I may have a serial port adapter that will work with your MeriGold. I'll see if I can dig it up for you. I haven't tried the apps yet for the Android so can't speak to those, but you're going to want to upgrade your MeriGold to something more modern. Power trails will max out your 200 cache file pretty quickly and you'll find yourself swapping between files quite a bit just to keep up.

Coming back into the 'game'. Things certainly have changed since I kinda bowed out for a bit. I never had an unpleasant experience with geocaching. So time to get back upto speed. Are there any events being planned to meet n greet with local cachers near Mount Vernon?

I have a Magellan Meridian Gold, still works but I no longer have a serial port on laptop to connect the thing. Manual entry of course still works.

Have a Samsung smart phone, Android, so curious how many of these app's are worth using. I do notice that reviews for most of them seem pretty wonky. 5 stars from some and 1 star from others for the same app.

So if you would like to get together, have a cuppa something and chat for awhile, maybe even go find a cache. Send me a message. I have plenty of available time.

Charles

Mt Vernon

You can buy a Serial to USB adaptor (how well it functions depends on the adaptor, as I've heard of lots of problems with them, particularly if your computer runs Vista. 7 may be different.), or I'm selling a Garmin eTrex Venture Cx for $80 plus shipping.

Charles

Mt Vernon

You can buy a Serial to USB adaptor (how well it functions depends on the adaptor, as I've heard of lots of problems with them, particularly if your computer runs Vista. 7 may be different.), or I'm selling a Garmin eTrex Venture Cx for $80 plus shipping.

I bought mine because of Vista and no serial ports. I had no problems with it.