Deleted Hides on 60CSX

Went on a camping trip. Hid 4 new caches. Before I had time to log the new hides on Geocaching.com, I was planning another trip, so deleted all geocaches on my Garmin 60CXS. DOH! Did not realize it also deleted the caches on "calendar" page. Is there any way to retrieve the deleted information on my GPS'r???

I wondered this when I lost a variety of points I marked on my way to a step in a multi. Would be handy to know too because I typically clear out the unit at before starting a new trip.

You could probably look at the trail that the unit keeps, usually its pretty obvious where you're looking for a cache.

You could either reload the caches in the area and look at the map on the unit, or load the trail into another mapping program with the area caches and figure it out.

There is a free program you might try, I have used it to recover pictures on camera cards as well as files on my computers. It is the best recovery software I have found. I have never tried it on a gps but it might be worth a try, all it requires is you give it a drive letter and it will go looking. It will also give you the probability of recovering what it finds. Just don't load anything on the gps before you use the recovery program because if you overwrite the old files you're up the creek. I can't remember the url for their website but if you google recuva I'm sure you'll find it.

There is a free program you might try, I have used it to recover pictures on camera cards as well as files on my computers. It is the best recovery software I have found. I have never tried it on a gps but it might be worth a try, all it requires is you give it a drive letter and it will go looking. It will also give you the probability of recovering what it finds. Just don't load anything on the gps before you use the recovery program because if you overwrite the old files you're up the creek. I can't remember the url for their website but if you google recuva I'm sure you'll find it.

That won't work. Waypoints are not stored in the memory that you have access to via USB connection.

One thing you might try is to click Find twice, to bring up the list of the last 50 waypoints you visited. I believe this list is maintained separately from the internal waypoints (meaning it's a actual list of waypoints, and not just pointers to the originals).

That won't work. Waypoints are not stored in the memory that you have access to via USB connection.

One thing you might try is to click Find twice, to bring up the list of the last 50 waypoints you visited. I believe this list is maintained separately from the internal waypoints (meaning it's a actual list of waypoints, and not just pointers to the originals).