Thanks for responding to EC logs

CanadaKate

When I log an Earthcache I'm sometimes not sure if my answers are accurate. I really appreciate EC owners who respond to tell me that I'm spot on or where I missed the point <or messed up my math> and why.

We sometimes wonder the same thing, especially when we've visited a cache covering a topic we find really interesting and the questions are open to interpretation (and we have discussions on what might be the right answers).

Given the educational nature of ECs, I wish all EC owners would respond.

As CO of a few Earthcaches most of the times not all answers to all questions are correct, so we (try to) always send a reply with the 'correct' answers. This because we think the questions and therefore the 'correct' answers are a vital part of the earth science lesson.

Mr. Terratin

When I log an Earthcache I'm sometimes not sure if my answers are accurate. I really appreciate EC owners who respond to tell me that I'm spot on or where I missed the point <or messed up my math> and why.

We sometimes wonder the same thing, especially when we've visited a cache covering a topic we find really interesting and the questions are open to interpretation (and we have discussions on what might be the right answers).

Somehow I envy this situation. For the ECs I am typically encountering (those I have done and all those in my area that I have not done) are such that I am always sure that my answers are correct except for the estimation questions where it is is not really interesting for me whether an object is 2.13 m or 2.34 m high.

Given the fact that at least Mrs Terratin is much more knowledgeable than I am, there must be enormous differences in the ECs available to you and to me.

Cezanne

I reply with " a welldone you can log your find and give the correct answers with URLS in some cases so cachers can research the answers if they want.

Somehow I envy this situation. For the ECs I am typically encountering (those I have done and all those in my area that I have not done) are such that I am always sure that my answers are correct except for the estimation questions where it is is not really interesting for me whether an object is 2.13 m or 2.34 m high.

Given the fact that at least Mrs Terratin is much more knowledgeable than I am, there must be enormous differences in the ECs available to you and to me.

Cezanne

[As CO of a few Earthcaches most of the times not all answers to all questions are correct, so we (try to) always send a reply with the 'correct' answers. This because we think the questions and therefore the 'correct' answers are a vital part of the earth science lesson.

Mr. Terratin

Exactly ... if I am baffled by part of the EC or not sure if I have the answers right, I'd always welcome a gentle teacherly lesson in what I missed or how I might have formulated my answers differently. All part of the learning experience.

BTW, your ECs look great. Just a bit far from Canada.

CanadaKate

Yes! I've really appreciated it when EC owners have taken the time to do that. As an aspiring EC owner, I hope to do the same.

CanadaKate

I reply with " a welldone you can log your find and give the correct answers with URLS in some cases so cachers can research the answers if they want.

[