trouble with teams marking caches as 'found'

timborino

A friend and I have separate accounts on geocaching.com since we live a good distance apart, but we sometimes hunt together. When we both find a cache, only one of us marks the log, but we'd _both_ like to be able to filter out the cache from our lists of 'nearby caches'. Is it possible to mark a cache as 'found' without entering a log entry? If not, is it possible to filter caches from our lists of nearby caches? Our only other option is for one of us enter a blank log entry, and I'm afraid that would just cause clutter.

icon_confused.gif

If you want to show it as found your need to log the find.

Clutter is not a problem. However don't leave the log blank.

Just say found this one with "your friend". Simple and to the point. The owner of the log and others will read your friends log and know what you have done.

Preperation, the first law to survival.

39197_400.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by timborino:

Our only other option is for one of us enter a blank log entry, and I'm afraid that would just cause clutter.

Don't leave it blank. Write your own log! I personally find it a riot to get the dissenting view from the underwhelmed spouse/child/coworker/dog. There is a team in my area that specialize in weaving their logs together into a short comedy. icon_biggrin.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

quote:
Originally posted by unclerojelio:

Don't leave it blank. Write your own log! I personally find it a riot to get the dissenting view from the underwhelmed spouse/child/coworker/dog.

Just don't say that where Warm can hear you. I think our logs insult me enough already, and I'm the one writing them.

warm.gif