STARTED (28385) - [BUG] API doesn't respect the IGNORE list

AZcachemeister

This is a known issue that has some behind-the-scenes technical kinks. The API team is putting the finishing wraps on a new version that will provide enhanced ignore list functionality, then the various mobile apps will need to be updated to properly access this functionality.

Can we please get a date commitment for this one ?

Day ? Week ? Months ? Years ?

The silence is frustrating.

The switch to the API resulted in a significant backtracking in usability.

It would be appreciated if you guys would publish an update schedule with what you have coming vs. when you're planning to release/update. You undoubtedly have a punch list of items in some kind of priority and date order. You also undoubtedly have a plan for what's in which update, and when which update is planned for release. How'bout sharing that kind of stuff please ?

Managing customer expectations would be a lot easier if you'd be more open with your customers can expect.

[...incidentally reopening these forums rather than that horrid replacement 'get no satisfaction' site is a good step...]

Thanks.

Nebias, a clear response is visible just two posts above yours.

As a small private Internet company, there's no way we can ever commit to a firm date on upcoming deliverables or publish an update schedule. There are just too many variables and other pressing needs that pop up that would quickly invalidate any such schedule. Then we'd hear complaints that we weren't sticking to the plan.

Did not go through the entire forum, if there is another post on this feel free to ignore of course.

Can an option be made to the android app to ignore certain caches? e.g. there are certain caches near us where we have been to several times and have had no luck and others are reporting the same on their visits..we would like to be able to ignore/filter those caches.

Thanks,

Keith

TPTB have stated that the fact that ignored caches still show up when using the app is an issue with the API (that all the official apps use). They knew this would happen, yet they forced the use of the API anyway.

Someone stated that NeonGeo gets around this by (presumably) downloading your ignore list.

Due to this issue, I have curtailed my use of the app, and only use it when I need to know where every nearby cache is...so I can hide mine.

Apparently, fixing the API is a BIG DEAL, and months (or perhaps years) will be needed so other programs that use it won't be crippled by any changes.

TPTB have stated that the fact that ignored caches still show up when using the app is an issue with the API (that all the official apps use). They knew this would happen, yet they forced the use of the API anyway.

Someone stated that NeonGeo gets around this by (presumably) downloading your ignore list.

Due to this issue, I have curtailed my use of the app, and only use it when I need to know where every nearby cache is...so I can hide mine.

Apparently, fixing the API is a BIG DEAL, and months (or perhaps years) will be needed so other programs that use it won't be crippled by any changes.

The fix was claimed to be imminent a couple months ago. We've had an update to the Android app since that time and still it ignores the ignore list.

Fortunately, there is an alternative out there that does respect the ignore list that gets me by until they get around to fixing this.

They knew this would happen, yet they forced the use of the API anyway.

I'm not sure where you got this information, but it is not accurate.

This issue was corrected with v6 of the API, which recently released; now, each app using the API must be updated to use this latest version.

Why wasn't the latest update of the Android app updated to use this? The Android update came out after the API update, at least it seems that way from what we've been told.

This is a bug with our API that was previously reported on the feedback site. Our developers had to fix it separately with the API (completed) and now each app is fixing it within the app, which is why it is taking longer than many other bugs.

This is being fixed currently tested with the iPhone app and, pending no issues, should be available with the next release.

Thank you for notifying us.