Spam or not?

Have recieved an email asking me to take part in a short survey.

It cam from survey-noreply@smo.surveymonkey.com on behalf of survey@Groundspeak.com via surveymonkey.com

Anybody else recieved one and is it genuine or a spam/scam?

I've not clicked the link that is included as I want to check first.

Have recieved an email asking me to take part in a short survey.

It cam from survey-noreply@smo.surveymonkey.com on behalf of survey@Groundspeak.com via surveymonkey.com

Anybody else recieved one and is it genuine or a spam/scam?

I've not clicked the link that is included as I want to check first.

Yes. Had a few of these now, and mine were genuine :)

But as has been pointed out - it could be faked ;)

Open it and find out.....

I received a survey a couple of weeks ago.

The one I completed seemed real and gave opportunity to input your own thoughts.

It seemed well designed and hopefully will improve our geocaching experience if they respond to the views obtained.

I seemed real enough for me to not doubt its authenticity though of course it is prudent to do so with all mailings. :rolleyes:

The Groundspeak newsletter of October 13th said that a survey would be sent out:

Groundspeak Customer Survey

Each October, the Groundspeak Lackeys commence planning for the following year. We want you to help us make sure we're on the right track.

In the next couple of weeks, you may receive a link via email to a survey titled "Groundspeak Member Survey." The sender is survey@Groundspeak.com and the email will be sent via SurveyMonkey.com.

We hope that those of you who receive the survey will take 5-20 minutes to complete it. The time depends on the level of detail you wish to provide in the open-ended questions.

It's been about a year and a half since our last major survey. In that time, 500,000 new geocaches have been hidden and the number of logs posted in a 30-day period has grown by more than 30%. In an activity growing so quickly, with thousands of people introduced to geocaching each day, a year and a half can mean a lot of major changes!

Thanks in advance for responding to the survey. And happy geocaching!

Edited by Pup Patrol