Best Swag Ever!

BMndFul

Since we were talking about cache trash. How about your favorite items? My fav finds are travelers. I get all giddy over coins (real not proxy) and TB. I recently found a miniature rubber chicken TB...Really Like it. As mentioned (later)....Travelers are not swag to be kept.

About the only thing I will trade for are signature items and really cool flashlights.

Edited by Russ!

We really enjoy finding travellers as well, it's fun to see where they've been and we feel good when we can add a bunch of mileage to them. When NoisyHiker #6 is with us, he appreciates an action figure or two, so long as they are in good shape. Of course, some days just finding the cache itself is our greatest success, as often they are placed with spurious precision.

Am I first? Where's my donut?

I know that you guys know this, but for the sake of new cachers, I would like to point out that tracakables -- travel bugs or geocoins -- are NOT considered SWAG. You do not need to swap anything to take one, and you should not keep it, as you might keep swag.

I haven't taken swag for years, but one of my own travel bugs was made from a brass desk plaque that reads, "Missing You". I haven't seen it in years. I miss it.

I know that you guys know this, but for the sake of new cachers, I would like to point out that tracakables -- travel bugs or geocoins -- are NOT considered SWAG. You do not need to swap anything to take one, and you should not keep it, as you might keep swag.

I haven't taken swag for years, but one of my own travel bugs was made from a brass desk plaque that reads, "Missing You". I haven't seen it in years. I miss it.

Very good point....I should have clarified that myself. I spend a fair amount of time, choosing or making my TBs. They are like my virtual children traveling the world. Please don't keep coins and TBs no matter how cool they are. Enjoy them and do your best to help it fulfill it's mission.

some of the items I've gotten from a cache are a very cool watch with a clip like carbiener for a lanyard and an LED flashlight, a multi tool, a Planet of the Apes (2001 version) DVD (no it wasn't in the Ape Cache) and other cache containers.

the first two were FTF prizes and I didn't feel compelled to leave anything in the caches I got them from.

The planet of the Apes DVD was actually in a DVD exchange cache but it was brand new and unopened and the one I exchanged it for was used.

The cache container was in a cache that I found with a large group of people and we were the FTF on it. Although I was not the one that found the cache and the container was not the FTF prize I really wanted it so I left a couple of brand new batteries in the cache in excahnge. Not sure if that was a fair trade or not but as it was, I ended up hiding the container for this cache on the same outing when we came across a cool feature that everyone thought needed a cache and I was th eonly one that had a container (go figure) so it was all for the best...

I love to find nice signature items. Like wood coins, etc. I collect those.

The best cache we've found so far was full of really unique (unique for a cache) items for kids. Hawaiian leis, new pack of washable markers, I don't even remember what all. It was awesome. My 6 year old thought she'd died and gone to heaven.

There are a very small number of swag items that I remember trading for and enjoying-

- a watermelon flavored Smackers (ie chapstick) still in its packaging (why yes I am a chick, how'd you guess?)

- an inflatable beach ball, came in handy at a concert some weeks later

- a space blanket

- keychain w compass on one side, thermometer on the other

- various rubber ducks who then proceeded to live on my dashboard when I still had a car

Unfortunately since I've moved to Europe about ten weeks ago the emphasis really isn't on swag much over here I think. Travel Bugs are often much more active though, I like others always like to find interesting travel bugs and then help pass them on.

I hit the halloween aisles today since everything was 70% off. Got some cute little swaggy things. I would like to find any of that stuff.

And also replenished my swag bag with things I got from conferences I've been too (lights, tape measures and an assortment of doodads). Most of that stuff I wouldn't mind finding either as it's useful. Found a screwdriver in a cache that I've used many times.

Edited by Chokecherry

My favorite thing I've ever found in a cache wasn't so much about the thing.. as it was about the timing. It was Father's Day, and we were about to move so we didn't have great funds at the time. My husband was kind of having a really cruddy Father's Day. My daughter was too young to do much besides let me ink up her hand & sign "her card" to her Daddy, and his ex wasn't letting him see his son... so he was really down.

I went to do maintenance on one of our caches, and there was a NC Geocoin in it. Unactivated, labeled for trade. (usual disclaimer: NO ACTIVATED GEOCOINS ARE FOR TRADE. DON'T KEEP THEM. Move them along to another cache or leave them there) I traded everything in the Cache Bag that would fit in the cache for it, gave it to my husband as a Father's Day present, and it made his day just a little bit brighter.