is doing a toy only cache a good idea ?

mead2006

We just started caching and my 4 year old is way into it. But of course part of why he is into is because of the swag. I have to say he is really good about it and hardly cares even if we hit 4 or 5 micros in a row. Sometimes we feel bad and will give him something small from our swag bag.

Recently though, because of some DNFs and getting a lot of micros we hadn't found any caches with swag in a couple of days. Heading out on a Saturday for a full day of caching I wanted it to start of well for the little guy. Luckily, I remembered that one of our good local COs had a couple of caches marked explicitly "kids cache". So we headed to that one first, it was a still a good hike but it was a huge cache with plenty of swag. We really loaded it up when we left too.

Long story short, I think its awful nice if you can do a cache like that.

Sure. I like theme caches, I have a comics cache, a dog toy cache, and a halloween cache, the responses have been good to those. You might consider a certain type of toy, like puzzles, as most caches get toys anyway.

Keep in mind that you can't enforce a "toys only" (or any other swag themed) cache in any way. You can ask that those that find the cache only use toys as swag but if someone drops in a dollar because they didn't bring any toys to trade there's nothing you can do about it.