KC Battleship Challenge

doug_hollyNKC

Last May on an adventure to Geocache I ran into one of my caching buddies. Naturally we started talking caching and the topic came up about seeing Chicago Battleship, Milwaukee Battleship and Vermont Battleship. So with planning from mid May to mid October it finally became a reality.

This is the final, if you would like to take a peak at it. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3ce9971b-3c40-450e-9e2a-5b9a7f37e74e

Also here is a bookmark list of all 106 of the Battleship caches. http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=1d170410-1fcb-4b13-9d62-3f8fe35aa40a

With the help of 20 other cachers with the hides we made this a reality that we hope stay alive for a long time. I had a few email exchanges with Graffix (the CO for Vermont Battlehsip) and used some of his thoughts opinions and we had some new twists. The biggest thing we wanted was the actual grid that you'll see on the final page link I posted above.

Also making this one unique is Kansas City sitting on the border of 2 states, so both Kansas and Missouri have a huge part of it.

So if you're passing through and got a week to cache around Kansas City, hopefully this would give you a great adventure. We all agreed to keep it Basic membership and also aimed for caches not to be above a 2/2 rating so hopefully all would be able to participate.

Doug