November 2011 Photo Competition

Thanks to The Patrician for choosing my photo for the "Wild Places" theme!

The theme this month is "Anything you want, as long as it's geocaching related"

Good luck and have fun!

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

I'm no photographer, but I do try get a few snaps whenever I go out caching, here's a couple I'd like to share

0826460c-af7e-4f95-8f74-aae7edf566cf.jpg

taken pretty close to GC1A8K8, on a walk where caching was pretty much an afterthought...there was a big hill to climb.

and, I "stumbled" on a picture of this, and went to the cache just to see it (and the spectacular views around)GCHW9K

e3a52990-b251-4583-9016-7e60fe26afe8.jpg

both photos taken October 2011

Edited by frosty68

First time posting pics

Lark rise to Colin Top My link

457248199896c2b63e38ea3fe84b32dcbce061d52c15d6b1731d6edc1d09c58095b014ec.jpg

183438601ebbd2859f8931e7a988e88d579102ab4334760f3c1f832b0b98d238a79a9506.jpg

As this is your first time posting pics, and your pics aren't showing, why not take a look here and follow the instructions. Although, I have to say that it's the link and not the HTML that appears to be faulty in your post.

lo there can see my pic in competion and others but cant see yours in message

Taken while out caching today - my 6 year old 'small cacher' and borrowed Geohound. Sums it all up really, on a day that contained 2 FTFs and 13 other caches all found by my 6 year old (with small nudges) :-D

e7bd1dc4-4cee-4583-a919-203e13658537.jpg?rnd=0.618507

photo taken near GC3140C

I know you don't want lots of other posts on this thread but I just needed to say what a superb photo this one is. Sums up so many things about Geo-caching. Thanks for sharing it (must be getting sentimental in my old age).

As expected there are some very good pictures this month.

In 3rd place is pixeltash, to me this picture really sums up what Geocaching is about.

e7bd1dc4-4cee-4583-a919-203e13658537.jpg?rnd=0.618507

2nd place is Guanajuato, I just love a good picture with a military theme to it.

134926fe-42d0-4ade-9e4f-26c3fca57dda.jpg

The winner for the month of November with a picture that has in my opinion such superb Autumn colours with such a fantastic reflection is martlakes

cbf26adf-917a-4743-bd71-14454a6ecc09.jpg

Boo! I demand a recount. That's blatant cache promotion there. :laughing:

In all seriousness, a worthy winner. we really MUST get out and do that circuit. I suspect its another of those places in the lakes that's different every time you go. It'll make a change to the usual route up Gummers How.

PS - I believe the gun is for sale.

Boo! I demand a recount. That's blatant cache promotion there. :laughing:

Well, yes, but the pics are supposed to relate to a cache! :D:P

The tarn is a wonderful changeable spot as you suspect. Take wellies to do the circuit! There's the odd bit where if you stray off the 'path' you could lose VMG!

Thanks to The Wee Beastie Hunter for picking my pic this month. Apologies for the delay in spotting I'd won! Too much work over the last couple of days. Several very good other pics so wasn't expecting to win. I'll get the new thread started.

Some great pictures, and worthy winners, I'm not remotely bitter...... :D

Lager perhaps or a small sherry?! :PB):lol::D