Dating signature cache logs required?

BMndFul

Is there a problem with just signing or stamping a cache log without dating it? I had a CO threaten to remove my "find" because I didn't date the written cache log. Your signature shows you found the cache, so to threaten to remove it is inappropriate. Computer logging doubles that you found the log, plus requires a date stamp. That should be plenty of proof a cache was found. I really do not see the big deal. I have seen numerous people just use stamps with no dates. The finds are in sequential order if there is plenty of log space, so checking logs against the computers should be very easy with or without dating the cache log.

Requiring a date is an ALR, or so I was told by a reviewer when I tried to put a requirment for a date on a challenge cache I released.

If a CO deletes your online log becasue you did not date the physical log and reasoning with them does not seem to work I would relog the original log myself. If they continue to delete your log, then write to Groundspeak (contact@Groundspeak.com) and explain what is happening. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, GS would most likely take your side and reinstate your log and lock it so that it could not be deleted again.

I never put the date on the log. My wife does though. :laughing: The online log will tell you the date, like you said. Some COs are just to controlling. I always laugh when I read things like this. Just goes to show how adults will act. They could delete your log but TPTB would let your log stand. You signed the log.

I know a few cachers that not only log the date they write the time they found the cache down to the second on the online log. :blink:

Requiring a date is an ALR, or so I was told by a reviewer when I tried to put a requirment for a date on a challenge cache I released.

If a CO deletes your online log becasue you did not date the physical log and reasoning with them does not seem to work I would relog the original log myself. If they continue to delete your log, then write to Groundspeak (contact@Groundspeak.com) and explain what is happening. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, GS would most likely take your side and reinstate your log and lock it so that it could not be deleted again.

I think the contact for this would be appeals@Groundspeak.com

It is my understanding that the appeals@ email address is for appealing a reviewer mandated archiving or refusal to publish a cache. Those e-mails go directly to the Reviewer Coordinator at Groundspeak.

The contact@ email address is for more general kinds of questions or requests for help, although e-mailing either of those or even an actual reviewer will probably all generate the same result.

EDIT: I've seen it said before that disputes between goecachers should be sent to the contact@ e-mail address...

Edited by FobesMan

It is my understanding that the appeals@ email address is for appealing a reviewer mandated archiving or refusal to publish a cache. Those e-mails go directly to the Reviewer Coordinator at Groundspeak.

The contact@ email address is for more general kinds of questions or requests for help, although e-mailing either of those or even an actual reviewer will probably all generate the same result.

EDIT: I've seen it said before that disputes between goecachers should be sent to the contact@ e-mail address...

Your reviewer would probably not be your best bet, and will probably just result in said reviewer sending you the contact@ address, anyway.